Marvelous Man - Chapter 1

EcchiMultiverse

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ADiYHAzM7UIKpYcyjI1df7P36mGaKGvzsegUybXQ7n8)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

Next Chapter

Chapter 1: Becoming Marvelous

Sweat trailed down the cleft of two massive pectorals as a black bodybuilder pushed a revved lawnmower. His milk chocolate-colored skin stretched at maximum to contain his overpowering musculature that was almost breaching the limits of his own clothes. The sweat clung to his white tank top; making the clothing nearly see-through. His jean shorts grasped his glutes of perfect, round orbs as his golden thong exposed itself to the air every now and then from the man leaning down to push.

It was another ordinary Thursday for Justice Starr in the town of Sunnysville. And every Thursday, he’d mow the lawn for old lady Judy. The weather was always perfect for grass to grow like weeds. Every day, except Monday, was always sunny with breezy winds to give that tropical feeling of not being too hot but always warm enough to wear something loose and enjoy a day at the beach. And like clockwork, it would always rain the moment it became Monday and stop immediately when the day turned into Tuesday at twelve o’clock.

Everything was extremely predictable; from the weather to how people interacted with each other. The citizens always said the same things and always did the same things. Justice learned to always follow a certain script when interacting with the townspeople. Because otherwise, he would accidentally hurt them. The only people with free autonomy was Justice himself and his parents, but it never occurred to Justice that such things were odd. It was just the way things were since the day he was born for over twenty years. As long as he followed the script, he could fit in with everyone.

Reaching the end of the lawn’s last strip of grass, Justice released the lawnmower’s lever and wiped his sweaty brow. As the lawnmower’s engine died down, Justice surveyed his efforts on the front yard; another perfectly cut lawn for old lady Judy.

Like clockwork, old lady Judy came out of her house, immediately after the engine no longer sputtered, and shuffled down her porch. She was an old white lady that always wore an ugly white sweater with cats on it to complement her turquoise sweatpants and slippers. Judy adjusted her brown horn-rimmed glasses as she looked up at Justice.

She smiled, “Well done, Justice! My yard looks excellent!”

“Thanks, miss Judy. Is there anything else I can do for you?” grinned back Justice.

Judy waved her hand, “Oh, no. I needn’t anything else, young man. Just leave the lawnmower, and I’ll put it back later.”

“Hehe, okay. You’re stronger than you look for pushing this mower back into your shed,” blurted Justice.

His eyes went wide. He did it again. He accidentally went off script. The emotions on old lady Judy’s face melted upon hearing what Justice said. Her eyes seemed to be looking through Justice and off into the distance.

Judy spoke, “INPUT CANNOT BE DESIGNATED. DIRECTORY NOT FOUND.”

Justice knew he had to get back on script, or else Judy would be stuck there for good. He inhaled a deep breath to calm himself and remember his lines.

“A-alright! See you next Thursday!” he said.

Judy’s eyes and face snapped back to their smiling facade; acting unaware of what transpired seconds ago.

She waved, “Bye, dearie.”

Walking to Judy’s driveway, Justice picked up his golden cruiser bike and took off. He pedalled onto the black-paved main road that was built next to the beach. While Justice did have a license to drive, he enjoyed how relaxing yet exercising it was to ride a bike.

Justice gazed at the beach as his bike coasted down the road. The sands were soft and white with the cerulean sea calmly lapping on the shores. Seagulls could be seen and heard cawing softly in the distance. A couple of people were strewn about with children playing by the waters, their parents soaking in the sun, and the young adults competing in beach volleyball. It was as if the beaches seen on postcards had become a reality.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The golden cruiser came to a slow as it neared the picket white fence of Justice’s home; a colorful three-story house. His home stood out from the rest of his culdesac neighborhood with its scarlet and pearl white paint and lush, green lawn.

“Hello there, neighbor!” said a man.

Looking past his family’s property, Justice spotted their next door neighbor, James Wilson. James was a moose anthropomorphic being that lived alone. Every Friday, he would visit Justice’s home to drop off muffins he baked himself, and the flavors would always be different every week. As usual, the moose was watering the lawn in the afternoon. Though he would also do this on the rainy Mondays for some reason.

Justice waved at the moose, “Hi, Mister Wilson.”

“Lovely weather, isn’t it. So swell,” spoke James.

Justice nodded, “Yeah, it is.”

Opening the fenced gate to his front yard, Justice guided his bicycle onto the lawn and laid it down. It was not going to rain until Monday, so he had plenty of time to put it back in the garage when feeling to do so.

The muscular man then walked to the front door and opened it with ease. Though Justice’s family had the keys to their own home, they never saw the point of locking. There was never any actual crime other than the shopliftings at the supermarket.

As Justice entered his house, he noticed how quiet it was. No sounds of loud television or quarreling echoed the halls of his home.

“Papa? Dad?” called Justice.

A voice called out, “In the dining room!”

Justice crossed the foyer and turned to a room with a dining table small enough to seat four people. Sitting in the chairs were his two fathers: Papa and dad. Papa was big with muscles of a hard worker and covered in body hair and scars. Justice’s dad was slender with features of an athletic catalogue model.

Out of the corner of his eye, Justice spotted banners pinned on the walls printed with the words, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”, and a plastic tablecloth with balloon designs on it draped over the table. He smiled. He was so caught up with helping out old lady Judy and gazing at the beach, that he forgot his own birthday. Justice started to wonder what his presents would be until he noticed that his fathers had very serious looks on their faces.

“Hey, papa and dad...is everything alright?” asked Justice.

Papa motioned his hand to an empty seat, “Sit down, son. There’s something we need to talk about…”

Doing as he was told, Justice took one of the empty chairs and seated himself. It was very unlike his fathers to show such expressions unless he did something wrong.

“...Did I do something wrong?” questioned Justice.

Papa shook his head, “No, no. It’s nothing like that, son. It’s just...well...there’s something we’ve wanted to tell you for a long time, but...we weren’t sure when the best time it was to break it to you and-”

"Are you and Papa getting a divorce?!" choked Justice.

His lips quivered as thoughts of his small family splitting race through his head. Today on his birthday, his fathers said there was something they needed to tell him but did not know how to best explain something so shocking. Justice Starr saw enough movies to figure out what they were trying to hint at.

Justice's fathers, Papa and dad, sat across from their hulking son, Justice. For as long as Justice could remember, they were always married to each other and fought like an old couple. But it now occurred to Justice that he had never seen the two show actual intimacy towards each other. They both stared at each other for a small moment.

Papa scratched his scar and coughed, "Wha-! No! I mean, kind of..."

"If by kind of, you mean never married," snarked Justice’s dad.

Papa stared daggers at Justice's other father.

The snarky man shrugged, "What? It's true. We've never been married and neither do we love each other, Ares. We just agreed that this was a better choice than the polyamorous marriage Aphrodite proposed. Would’ve looked weird if you only spent time with Aphrodite and not me. Cause I know you two been snogging each other on the side."

Justice's eyes widened, "...You’ve been cheating on dad with mom, Papa?!"

Papa looked away as he continued to scratch the scar on his arm. The person Justice called mom was a surrogate mother that lived with Justice and his fathers. Justice had a close bond with his surrogate and thought the closeness between her and Papa was them just being best friends with each other. Justice stared at his dad, as a thought occurred to him.

"Then why are you with them?" questioned Justice before he paused, "...Dad, are you...ya know, shooting blanks? And needed them to make me?"

Papa bursted out laughing, as Justice's dad became flustered and punched Papa's arm. Papa’s skin barely rippled from the punch.

Papa shrugged, "What? You gotta admit that's a good cover story for why we're together. At least he inherited your imagination, Apollo. But better."

Instead of flipping out with his voice transforming into a high pitched dog whistle, Justice's dad took a deep breath. This made Justice feel a bit unsettled, as this broke from the usual of what his dad usually did when provoked by Papa.

"No, Justice. I'm not infertile. Mortal problems like that don't affect me. But that brings us back to the topic of the truth. Something that we've known but have been hiding from you all this time. So we decided to tell you today on your twenty...." paused Justice's dad.

He looked at Papa for support.

Papa guessed, "...fifth?"

"You guys don't even know how old I am?!" exclaimed Justice.

A curvy black woman came through the doorway with candle-lit cake on her tray. It was Justice’s surrogate mother that he always called mom. She was slightly taller than his dad, though Justice figured it was probably her fluffy afro hair that allowed her to seem so tall.

She smiled, "Happy birthday, sweetie! It's your favorite."

"Does she even know how old I am?!" accused Justice.

Before Justice could achieve emotional meltdown, his parents quickly distracted him by lighting the birthday cake candles and singing happy birthday. It was very apparent now that they had lost count of how old he actually was, as the cake only had the words “HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTICE!!!” frosted on it with simple balloon frosting designs and a mess of frosting confetti. No numbers could be found anywhere on the cake.

Not one to abandon tradition, Justice complied and blew out the lit candles as his parents frantically moved about to slice a piece of cake and serve it on a plate for him with a plastic fork. The cake that he has always had as part of his birthday tradition was a cookie cake. No extra layers of frosting; just a giant chocolate chip cookie that is treated as a cake.

Justice wanted to be upset at the shocking news that came to light. But he could not resist the deliciousness of something sweet. Especially something as enticing as cookie cake.

He picked up the given slice and proceeded to eat it with his fork. The sweetness dissipated his anger. But it could only last as long as he kept eating. With what little time his parents had before Justice became upset again, they explained everything.

After a few more slices, Justice rested his fork down on the empty plate covered in crumbs. He sipped his half-empty glass of milk as his parents finished their explanation. His gulps echoed in the air, while his parents stared at him with the look of worrisome expectations.

Justice looked at his family, "So, I'm a demigod son of three Greek gods. The gods of war, love, and...inspiration, I think?”

“I’d say that’s a general enough word to describe my complex roles, yes,” nodded Apollo.

Justice continued, “How come you all didn’t bother changing your names to...I don’t know, make me feel a bit normal, I guess? I honestly thought you guys just liked feeling unique. I mean, who really gets named Apollo, Ares, and Aphrodite at birth?...Other than your births, I mean."

Justice's parents all looked at each other; saying nothing.

"Oh, and then you tell me that I wasn't even born normally. Not even like a test tube baby?" questioned Justice.

Aphrodite spoke up, "Well...no, sugarplum. We made you out of a mix of sand, clay, and mud...We couldn't decide which one, so we all just used what we thought would give you a good body. Then after Apollo sculpted you as a baby, we each gave a small part of our essence to give you life. Thank goodness you didn't explode."

Justice's mouth dropped.

"Nevermind, I’m not going to question that. But okay. So to make me, you all took a page out of the...what was it, bible?" said Justice.

Aphrodite hesitated, "...It was actually from an old comic book before they went out of business. Because, uh, superheroes became a real thing."

In all his years of living in his town, Justice had never seen an actual superhero. They were never reported in the news or found on the internet. To Justice, superheroes are a work of fiction that are fun to cosplay.

"Superheroes are real?!" shouted Justice.

Papa Ares huffed, "Told ya we shoulda had superheroes in this world. Probably would've made this go a lot easier."

"Wait..." said Justice, "Why did you say it like that?"

"Way to go, Ares. We've already shocked him enough in one day," sighed Apollo.

Apollo leaned over and placed his hand on Justice's, "Listen, Justice...what he means to say is that...this world you're living in right now...it's not real. You're in a sort of hyperbolic time chamber, so you could be raised into a superhero."

The memories of his whole life in his hometown flashed in his mind. It made no sense. Everything felt real. How could this world not be real? He has explored nearly every space within his town. There was no fake props or food. Everything functioned as it should have. Even the people...

The townspeople never really acted like Justice and his parents. In all of his memories, it seemed that all they ever did was react to certain actions and dialogue. Playing only one role but never trying to branch out of it.

"Are the people in here even real?" trembled Justice's voice.

Aphrodite hesitated, "No, honey, they aren't. They're androids created by Hephaestus to act human. Well...to a certain point. We had him mass produce them in a short amount of time that they didn't really have much social programming in them."

It made sense now. He was not the abnormal being. There was a completely rational explanation as to why he felt so alone and could not get along with anybody else. The only way he could interact with the people was by going along with whatever their roles were. Listen to teachers and take their tests. Order something at the fast food register. High-fiving the school jocks. This truth felt too heavy. It felt too much.

"So I've lived in a fake world with people I couldn't ever befriend or fall in love with. All so you could...make me into a superhero?" said Justice as tears began to well up.

He pulled his hand away and looked at Apollo, "That's why you encouraged me to do bodybuilding and boy scouts."

Justice turned to Ares, "And why you got me to do different martial arts and volunteer as a firefighter."

He shifted his gaze to Aphrodite.

"And why you...wait, we didn't really do anything," paused Justice, "All you and I did was go shopping for clothes and hang out at beaches and clubs and that one nudist resort and…You were helping me feel comfortable with showing off my body, weren’t you?!"

Aphrodite gulped. Her voice trembled as her eyes teared with recognition that she had deeply hurt her own child.

She tried to speak in a calm manner, "We just wanted to make you into a marvelous superhero, sweetie."

Justice's bare feet tapped against the wooden floors for a few seconds as his hands began to squeeze into a hard fist. Everything he had known was a complete lie. He felt that his own parents raised him with only one goal in mind, rather than helping him to realize his life’s opportunities. It was all too much.

He stood up and began his ritual when pushed to extreme anger; taking off his clothes. He needed to feel free. Justice ripped off his stretched yellow polo shirt.

"I need...some time alone," gritted Justice.

While angrily thumping his way to the front door, he unbuttoned his jean shorts; letting it fall as he kept moving. His exposed, round glutes jiggled as he continued his thumping. And before he slammed the door shut, Justice pulled off his golden thong.

Next Chapter

• Upvote 6