TimeSplitters

Astromuscle

It is frustrating that they couldn't save Mark and get The Reaper. I suspect they will get another chance one day. This isn't over by far.

1 hour ago, WisteriaDay said:

Every time I see this thread, I get excited thinking it's about the first person shooter series

giphy.gif

... I'm sorry Wisteria. I feel bad I have literally never heard of that series...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Astromuscle said:

Wibbly Wobbly timey wimey stuff! It is gonna get a little complex so I might lessen the constraints of the time manipulation rules a little so if you are looking for some perfectly crafted tI me manipulation zero time dilemma tale then you might have to keep looking. Lol. I hope it will still please!

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff is never perfect... or else it would have just been called time stuff.  lol

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Astromuscle said:

... I'm sorry Wisteria. I feel bad I have literally never heard of that series...

It's alright. Somehow I will weather this storm :P

UHHHH I got this half done and then apparently one of my mouse buttons is a back button and I lost it all. Gonna type it up sometime this week I promise. This time I will type it in notebook or something and copy it over

Chapter 8: Differences

Daniel, Robert, and Zeke sat at a table across from the smiling scientist. He wore a grin which put Daniel off especially now that he came in knowing how manipulative the man could be. Looking over to his left, Robert's anger at the man was clear on his face. The scientist clearly was avoiding looking at Robert too much. With Robert's imposing size and look of someone who was about to reach over the table and punch you, which Daniel hoped he wouldn't, made a scary figure to sit across from. Daniel placed a hand on Robert's thigh. His hand barely covered the expanse of Robert's leg, but he noticed and looked over. Daniel gave him a knowing warm smile, which did seem to calm Robert down. He looked back over to the scientist with a displeased look, but not quite as hostile as he was seconds before.

Daniel looked over to his right. Zeke had his arms crossed on the table, cradling his head. Daniel would have thought Zeke was bored, if it weren't for his eyes. Zeke's hazel eyes stared intently off into the distance his brows heavily knit together. Daniel thought anger might not be the right term for what he was seeing, maybe intense frustration?

Across from Daniel the scientist, Daniel had caught his name now as Kevin, was going on and on about the TimeSplitter initiative. Daniel had not really been listening the last time, still in shock about Mark's death. This time, though not over losing Mark again, he was listening intently. The idea was that through some initial testing, they had found that for us, contact with the mysterious stone could cause effects, with a common effect of travelling back in time. 

"We hope to explore this phenomenon and maybe even someday use the ability to travel back in time to correct some events it would be better didn't go the way they did. For example, stopping the assassination of JFK or stopping Hitler before World War 2. Think of the possibilities." Kevin looked excitedly at us all. He looked a little disappointed at Robert and Zeke so he fixed Daniel with his look, to which Daniel nodded and tried to look interested. He kind of wondered whether Kevin was being sincere, but he figured that even then, they were probably going to be under complete control to influence history in a specific way by some rich person for their personal gain. 

Eventually Kevin began mentioning that because everything is so experimental they would need to sign a couple of waivers. As soon as the papers were in view Zeke swiped the papers, signed them with a pen he had, and slid them back across the table.

"Jesus took you long enough!" Zeke stoo up, but kept yelling over his shoulder. "We have all already heard this. I will be in my room when you want to do some testing." Zeke left the room on that note.
Kevin looked from the door to the two left in the room. "Well then, I guess I don't have to explain myself. If I may ask, how far back did you guys go?"

Robert sat in silence, so Daniel took the opportunity. "We can't seem to travel to any time before the massacre at our school." Daniel made sure to pull in the scientist's attention, because even from his peripherals he could see that Robert was surprised by Daniel's lie.

Kevin seemed disappointed, but took it in stride. "That does put a bit of a damper on our plans, but the more you know I guess. We can at least affect any events that happen from now on, which is still amazing!" The smile had slipped from his face, but now he wore it again. It sickened both Robert's and Daniel's stomachs.

Daniel quickly skimmed his papers before signing. Nothing outwardly looked wrong, though he did think some of the wording was a little vague. Robert signed his without question. With that the scientist dismissed them. 

Robert breathed in a deep breath once they were out of earshot of Kevin. His big chest at Daniel's head height heaved up high and then went back down as he took a long breath out.

"God, was he always that slimy? I mean I never did feel right around him, but still." Robert's face returned to a more neutral emotion. Daniel looked up at him.

"Yes, he was. We are just hyper-attuned to it now. We can be smarter this time." Robert and Daniel stood for a moment, contemplating what that meant in silence until Robert's stomach growled. 

Daniel broke out in a grin. "If you want to give these scientists a headache, then why don't you go show them how big your appetite is."

Robert patted his large, hard pillar of muscle that he called a stomach with two large hands. He began to go towards the kitchen, but stopped. "Are you not coming Dan?"

"I have something else I want to take care of right now. Maybe later." With that Daniel left the other way, eventually making his way to the gym. 

Daniel came in with a serious look on his face. Daniel shot straight for the standing punching bag and heaved it to the centre of the room. Daniel raised his hands in a ready stance, moved his feet how his sensei had taught him, and unleashed all his frustration at the bag. He started with punches, trying to make the punching bag move further and further back. Eventually he began kicking the bag, trying to make combos of kicks and punches. Eventually he lost all form and senselessly beat on the bag with everything he had. At some point the standing bag fell and Daniel straddled it and beat the equivalent of it's face in. It wasn't until he heard a cough that he looked up. In his rage, he thought the person at the door was The Reaper. He rubbed his eyes.

It was still The Reaper who stood at the door. 

"Stupid kid" The Reaper began to walk over to Daniel, no trace of smile on their face.

Daniel tried to get up but tripped over the punching bag and fell down again. 

"Get up!" Daniel got up, not knowing what to expect. The Reaper then came at him quick, a fast left hook took Daniel back to the ground. The Reaper then stepped back and waited for Daniel to get up. Once he was up Daniel got his hands up and blocked The Reaper's first attack, the same hook. The Reaper used the momentum from the block though to do a spin kick which threw Daniel through the air face first. 
Daniel stared down at the ground and didn't get up this time. "Why don't you just kill me! Get it over with."

"Why do you wish to die?" The voice was not so deep as Rob's, but was raspy. 

"I don't want to die, but fuck if I'm not useless. You wouldn't stand a chance against Rob!" Daniel looked over his shoulder at The Reaper, who's face finally took on a toothy grin.

"I beat him time and time again, and I am no bigger than you. Strength isn't everything."

Daniel still was confused. "Why do you sound like you're trying to help me?"

The Reaper laughed. "Because I am excited for when you and I are on equal footing. It's one thing to fight someone who grows every time he jumps, it's another to fight someone who knows how to fight." The Reaper then helped Daniel up. 

"Besides" The Reaper continued, "I need you for now, once you've served your purpose, then we'll see about your death." With that The Reaper turned around and walked to the door. There he stopped. "Oh and to motivate you," his raspy voice choked out "while I would prefer you not die now, there is nothing to say I won't be willing to kill Robert at any time." A dagger flashed out of somewhere Daniel hadn't seen and moved about his hand with the skill who was so familiar with the knife that they had begun experimenting how to make it look flashy. He threw the dagger which sailed through the air and dug itself in the door to the weight room. There it stuck. "Be seeing you. Don't disappoint me Daniel. I will have to find my own fun then."

Daniel stood up and rushed outside. The Reaper was down the hall, but Daniel also noticed a post-it note on the wall in front of him. "I'm not going to kill him right now! Give it a week, then we'll see." Daniel looked down as the hooded figure turned a corner and all Daniel could see was a huge white-tooth grin against the all black clothing. He then walked off. Daniel took the note off the wall and went back to gym. He ran over to the door of the weight room and grabbed the dagger. Looking down at his hand his heart stopped. He had held this knife before. He had called it a dagger but that might have been an overstatement. It was truly a throwing knife, the same one he had used on Robert when they were kids. 

Daniel's mind began to race. What did this mean?! Many thoughts raced through his head as he sat there in the gym contemplating everything that had happened.

Robert had eaten his fill, then had decided he wanted to just go lay in bed. He might hit the weight room later, or go for a walk out of this hell hole of a place, but for now he just wanted to turn his brain off. He had taken a nap longer than he had meant to and now it was almost dinner time. He wasn't sure if he needed to eat again so soon but he though "Why not?" He wasn't going to get fat at his rate of growth. Before then he wanted to find Daniel. He wasn't sure but when he had last seen Daniel, just for a split second, Robert thought he had looked hurt. He wasn't sure if it had even happened, or if he had just imagined it, but Robert wanted to find him. First he checked Daniel's room, but found nothing. Next he peeked into the kitchen, but it was also empty. Robert wanted to hurry because he could have sworn that just after supper they called him in for testing. He checked the gym, but also found it to be empty. He did however notice that there was a cut in the door. Now Robert was worried that something may have happened to Daniel. In a huff he ran around to everywhere he could think of. 

Robert checked at the stone room, but the scientists said they had only done one test so far today, and it wasn't with Daniel. Robert checked just outside, but didn't see anything. The bathrooms, computer rooms, a greenhouse, everywhere was empty. Robert was trying to call him as well but he wasn't picking up. Eventually Robert was going to search the other bedrooms, when he heard a rustling from Daniel's. He opened his door without knocking to see Daniel shove a drawer closed in surprise and yelp.

"Daniel, where have you been? I've been worried sick." Robert ran up and hugged Daniel, squeezing him hard. Daniel gasped and lost his air, and began tapping against Robert, but he barely felt it. In this moment, with Daniel cradled in his arms, he knew Daniel was safe. Looking down now to let Daniel down he saw Daniel for the first time. His bruises from the massacre were healing well, only the worst ones being left, but there were clearly new ones. 

"Daniel what happened to you?"

Daniel leaned away from Robert, but Robert still had a grip on him. "Nothing, just got scraped up in practising my martial arts is all."

"You are full of shit." Robert looked down at Daniel, now looking unimpressed. That is generally all he had to do to people, and they would come clean, lest they disturb the beast.

"Robert, there was an accident and I was stupid and hurt myself." Daniel stopped cringing and leaned in. Robert was a little taken aback. This little guy was standing up to him. 

"Fine." Robert let Daniel go.

Daniel used the opportunity to move towards the door. "You wanted food right? Let's go."

Daniel went for the door, which reminded Robert. "How did the cut end up in the weight room door?"

Robert could see Daniel start to sweat. "...I did that. It was a mistake."

"Not going to elaborate more." Like Robert had said before, Daniel was a bad liar.

Daniel looked to the side and rustled his hair. "It was a bit embarrassing, I would rather just forget what happened to be honest."

Robert wasn't buying it, but he could tell that Daniel wasn't going to divulge anymore. Robert could only think of how stubborn Daniel could be. It reminded him of himself. He may not have been happy that Daniel was hiding something, but there was something to be said for his spirit. 

Robert and Daniel sat and ate together in peace. Something clearly was bugging him, but Daniel did seem to enjoy the company and the conversation. It occurred to Robert that while searching for Daniel he had not found the last of their TimeSplitter group. Daniel also found that weird. He said that he had actually snuck by Robert on purpose, knowing that he would react to the new injuries.

"Maybe she did too?" Daniel said.

"Hmmm..." Robert thought. "I was looking pretty frantically." Robert laughed a little, and then stuffed his mouth with some pancake and bacon. 

Daniel looked awkward at that. "Were you looking that fervently for me? I'm sorry."

"Ya, you owe me." Robert fixed him with a look. 

Daniel's face flashed mock fear. "Oh god, what do you have planned." 

Robert got up from his seat to come up behind Daniel. He placed his large hands on both his shoulders. His hands took up Daniel's whole back, but Robert did notice that Daniel had a nice back. It was not big per say, but he could tell that muscles were they. Lithe is the word that came to Robert's mind. Daniel didn't lift weights, but he was clearly fit. Robert had always wanted to be huge for himself, but that wasn't the type of person he was attracted to. Daniel was not perfect, Robert wasn't even sure anyone could be PERFECT. Daniel had looked okay before, but he had changed since travelling back and now he looked great. Robert leaned down next to Daniel's ear and whispered in his ear. "Oh I've got something in mind, if you are into it, Mr. Gets-Gayer-as-he-jumps." 

Daniel was petrified. He looked down and his breathing became more forced. Daniel got up suddenly. Robert leaned back to give him room. Daniel turned around slowly looked up at Robert. Daniel's eyes looked absolutely hungry. Robert began to smile, at which point Daniel walked up. He went up on his tip toes and reached a hand around Rob's neck. Rob felt his head pulled down by Dan's hand, bringing it into a solid kiss with Daniel. Dan and Rob skipped right by the playful awkward will-they-won't-they and went straight to spit-swapping, tongue-wrestling, 5-seconds-to-touchdown making out. Daniel began to lift Rob's shirt. Lifting it revealed that hard muscle stomach. Daniel could feel the rock hard torso. Daniel got caught lifting Rob's shirt off, not being able to go high enough. Robert giggled through their kiss and lifted it the rest of the way with his own arms. Daniel threw the shirt away and brought his hands back to Rob's face. Rob took as many fingers from his hands as he could comfortably fit into Dan's collar and split the shirt almost the whole way down. Dan then grabbed further down on the rip of the shirt. Dan's torn shirt let reveal slight plates of pecs standing out from the chest. Ribs were visible on his torso, but muscles weren't too far behind. Abs are visible, but not pronounced, and the torso is thin along the sides, contrasting Robert's own thick round midsection. Rob held onto Dan's own middle and easily surrounded it with his fingers. 

Daniel suddenly broke out of their kiss, and tackled Rob. Daniel clearly threw all his weight into the tackle, but even then it barely moved Robert, until Robert found that he was falling. Daniel had managed to get a leg behind his, and despite it moving with his, the resistance was enough to knock him off balance. Rob came crashing down hard onto the ground. Rob himself was fine, but he did hear the ground break under him. Dan had jumped and grabbed around his neck, cradling Robert's head against the ground. Dan was also catapulted to on top of Robert as they fell, brought by his arms which despite being very thin were stressing to keep their hold, accentuating each bit of quick muscle he had worked for. Dan bounced off the hard surface that was Rob, and was about to keep going, but Rob quickly held him down with a hand. Robert was speechless at what Dan had done. Dan himself was laughing uproariously on Rob's chest. Rob could feel the pressure and then lack of pressure as Dan bounced up and down with his laughter. 

"OK gay boys, as much as I am loving the show, and I am... I kind of want to eat."

Dan stopped laughing and the both of them jumped. They knew the voice. It was the third and final prisoner that these scientists would exploit. Rob sat up and grabbed for his shirt. Dan was thrown forward by this and hit the ground hard. He drew into himself and looked ashamed. 

They both apologised as they looked at Margaret standing by the door with her arms crossed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

oh! a new addition to the story. Cant wait to read what Margaret will bring into this and what she will do.

The reaper seems to want to fight Daniel. I've noticed that almost every interaction is with him. He always fids Daniel and taunts him. He wants Daniel to react.

• Upvote 1