TimeSplitters

Astromuscle

Chapter 16: A new player

The four new Timesplitters looked at each other as Kevin tried explaining the rules to them. At moments they would recite the speeches he was making before he said it, and then burst out laughing. This put a confused look on Kevin's face, which made the friends laugh even harder. At some point Robert was laughing so hard he leaned back and broke his chair, which caused an even harder bout of laughter.

“Umm.. Am I missing something here?”

Margaret recovered enough to give him a look. “We are time travellers, we have all heard it before.”

Zeke sighed, “Dear god have i heard it so many times. It's insane how many times..” This cut off the laughter.

Daniel interjected, “Kevin, we get it, we will sign the forms.”

Kevin handed the forms over to them, but before they could sign the door opened.

“I'm sorry to hear you find all this so hum-drum. I trust then that my presence should be right on par then?”

All four of them looked over at the man who had just walked in. He was not particularly tall, on par with Zeke but he looked built like a tank in a suit that must have been fitted to that frame. A well trimmed but full beard adorned his face as hard eyes stared at everyone.

Robert got up from the floor he had been sitting on, but even his towering physique didn't diffuse the serious air that had entered the room. “Who the hell are you?”

The mystery man laughed a little, it was hearty and deep and he stared right into Robert's eyes, not backing an inch.

Kevin peeped up from off to the side. “That is the director of this facility. He started the TimeSplitter initiative.”

The man nodded his head and walked around to look at them all. “Funny, I had only been expecting 3, guess I misread the report. Silly me. As it is we had to practically make a warehouse to house that brute there,” he motioned towards Robert who was twisting around to keep an eye on the director, “an because of this it actually makes the most sense to house someone there until he outgrows it. Daniel, I assume that's not a problem for you?”

Daniel went to admit he was ok with that, when the director went on. “Anyways, Kevin get them to sign the waivers and we can get things started. I have high hopes for you. Despite you having gone through this all so much, I hope you can find something this time that's new.” He seemed to have a huge smile on his face, but no one seemed amused.

This man turned to leave the room, when Daniel spoke up finally. “Sir, how do you know Robert is gonna grow big enough to merit a warehouse?”

The man stopped as he reached the door. “Daniel, I'm sure you can see he is already big enough to merit it, and he's still rather young. I suspect he has some growing yet to do, if he ever stops. Maybe if he wants we can give him an MRI to see if something in his brain is causing his record breaking height and make sure he is in perfect health.”

He went to leave, but Daniel was not done. “No see, something's bothering me. You said he might even outgrow it, meaning you suspect he is going to grow a lot. How long do you plan to keep us here if you think he is going to outgrow a warehouse for himself?”

Kevin seemed to giggle nervously nearby. “Daniel, we do not question the director... He is a genius. The things he's uncovered about this stone in the short time since the incident where it appeared the government has provided a lot of funding. I'm sure if he thinks Robert needs that much room he must have his reasons.”

The man nodded. “Kevin is right. I had simply thought the big guy would like a big room, one he might not outgrow as I'm sure he's outgrown even his own home. I could see about getting him a normal room, if that is what you are asking for Daniel. I simply care for you all and want you to be as comfortable as possible.”

This time the man opened the door and left. Margaret was the first to speak. “Wow, and I thought Kevin was slimy.”

Kevin coughed next to them, and Margaret's eyes shot open. “Oh crap you are still here, I'm sorry man... It's just... In our times...”

Kevin tool a deep breath. “It's fine... I guess.” I'm just going to leave the contracts here, sign them and leave them on the desk, I'll be back to pick them up at some point.” With that Kevin left the room, despite a couple half-hearted cheers to try to make him feel better.”

“Crap, how long until I can jump back and stop myself from saying that.”

Zeke gave her a side hug. “Jumping can't be your solution to everything. He'll come around. It may have been harsh, but sometimes those moments are necessary for change in someone. Work to mend it.”

Robert shrugged. “I mean I think even he would have to admit it after sending Daniel to try to kill me.”

“Guys, listen, I can't believe I'm the one here to cheer us up, but guys we are here, together, all of us. We survived.” Zeke motioned around. He then went and signed the contract and went for the door. “Come on, I'm sure Robert is hungry.”

“Hey now...” Robert stopped and thought. “God damn yes I am.”

“You're always hungry!” everyone called out in unison.

Everyone signed their names and headed out. As Robert was heading out he felt Daniel slap his ass. He looked back, surprised at Daniel's boldness. “Boy, don't tempt me. My height and weight aren't the only thing that have grown. Things are getting impractical, but tease me too much and I might just try my best.”

Daniel smiled and winked back to him. “Bitch, big or not I will satisfy you. Alternatively, you could get me off. Don't think just because you're the bigger guy that means you don't get to do some of the work.” Robert laughed at this and flexed his bicep in front of me, almost my height now. Daniel stopped and was transfixed. “I mean I'm hard now so thanks for that, but no I don't cum that easily.”

Robert laughed, “Guess I need to do some heavier lifting then. I hope at some point I can become enough to simply flex and make you cum.”

Daniel smiled. “I hope you never do. That would be a very short session. It's not a race, surely someone has told you that before.”

“Literally every partner I have had has told me that. All 1 of them. Got I might have a problem. I think I am going to need some practice working on not cumming too soon.”

“Don't worry Robert, I will help you bang it out again and again until we fix your problem.”

Both boys laughed as they walked into the hall, and saw Zeke and Margaret further down, waiting for them. Zeke was talking to Margaret while she stared down at the boys and tapped her foot impatiently. “Come on guys! I'm hungry too.”

Robert smiled and took off down the hall. “As the past... or future has shown I'm not the one you're hungry for. Daniel is clearly the one you need to be talking to.”

Margaret chuckled a little and when Daniel approached she launched into him and pressed her body into his. “Robert mind your words. Dangle a piece of meat as fine as this in front of someone as hungry as I am and I might just bite a little.” Margaret gave a tiny air bite towards Daniel which he dodged away from and wormed out of her grip. “I guess I will have to settle for ham to meet my meat needs.”

Robert couldn't resist. “The only kind of porking you'll be getting from any of us.”

Margaret was shocked. “You know Robert. Last time we fought I was winning until you decided to grow uncontrollably and nearly squish me into a pulp. I can still take you.”

“Children, I am not going to stand any fighting. Besides despite my feeling a little better, it has been a long while since I got a nice home meal... Actually how would you all feel about me whipping up some food for us. I am a mean chef, so my friends like to tell me. Robert can feel free to of course eat any and all appetizers he likes, so long as he doesn't start putting on the pounds.”

This airy light conversation kept up for most of the night. Robert was eating through most of it but he also participated where he could. Zeke ended up making a potato leek soup, some turkey croquettes and even had enough time to make two pies for dessert (one and a half of which went to Robert). We all knew that tomorrow tests would start, that the reaper was still out there, that Kevin and this director were up to something, but tonight was about celebrating how far they had come.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The director took off his suit jacket as he entered his office. He went over to his computer, and turned on the security feed. All the TimeSplitters were in the kitchen, having a good time. On another camera he saw the hallway outside his office, and a hooded figure coming down it and entering his door. He returned to the camera with the others, they were laughing and Zeke was chopping potatoes for what looked to be a soup he was making.

“You know Reaper. I spoke to them today.”

The Reaper chuckled. “Oh, and how did that go?”

“They hate me. I was intolerable, but Daniel is smart. I slipped up and he caught on. I can't tell if I should be excited about that or worried.”

The Reaper looked over at the computer monitors as well. “Not often all 4 of them make it. That is interesting. You know that Robert didn't even fight me in the school. Came awful close though.” The Reaper smiled his characteristic grin.

“Hmmm...” The director clasped his hands together. “Could this be the time? Do you think they will do it?”

“Can't be sure. Margaret and Zeke are both here. Wait!” The Reaper and the director had stopped looking while they discussed things between them. As they looked back, they realized Margaret was no longer in view. As they flipped through cameras they finally found her coming towards the office they were in. They watched her approach the doors to their office, and then her knocking.

“Come in.” The director cried out. The Reaper looked at him confused, but he shrugged and mouthed 'what else was I going to say.'

Margaret came in and stormed up to the both of them. “Good, Reaper's here, I thought I saw him skulking about.”

“Margaret. How can we help you?”

Margaret looked over the director intently. “You know, I almost would chock it up to family resemblance, if I didn't suspect that family has nothing to do with it. I didn't immediately, but I thought you looked familiar. Then I saw Reaper sneaking around and I was pretty sure it was all coming together. I don't know how, but I know who you are. Both of you.”

The exposed director stood up and came around his desk, while the Reaper slid around the other way and circled around her. “Margaret, why come here to say all this? Have you told the others?”

Margaret made a point to look over at the Reaper and then went back to talking with the director. “I wasn't sure until I got a closer, better look. It was ballsy of you to strut in there with us. I'm not here to start anything or ruin any plans. In fact, I came because I want to help.”

The director stood up a little straighter and looked confused. The Reaper behind Margaret breathed a little sigh of relief and put a hand on her shoulder. “Margaret, you could have led with that.”

“Yes, but that would be no fun. You both seem so up tight.”

The director advanced, not quite convinced. “Why help us?”

“Because I trust both of you... Well I trust the Reaper, and I know that he trusts you. I believe that's called transitivity. I imagine some help would... well help. So, what can I do?” She seemed eager.

The director went back to his desk, and grabbed a bag from it. He tossed it over to Margaret who caught it and saw shards of a very familiar rock. “Margaret, do you know what to do with these?”

Margaret felt them in her hand, then stowed the bag between her breasts. “Yes, but I want to know, what are we doing here?”

“We are trying to stop an apocalypse.”

• Like 3

Wait Margaret? Wut???

And Now The reaper trying to stop the Apocalipse wuttttttttttttttttttt???

Maybe you shoulddoa qick recap man Its been so long since this stroy was forst posted. Im glad you didnt forget about it

47 minutes ago, Ro20316 said:

Wait Margaret? Wut???

And Now The reaper trying to stop the Apocalipse wuttttttttttttttttttt???

Maybe you shoulddoa qick recap man Its been so long since this stroy was forst posted. Im glad you didnt forget about it

Ok *cracks fingers* lets see what I got

There is a group of people who can time travel by touching a stone, called TimeSplitters. This transfers their consciousness back to an earlier time. The reason for it being these specific people was that there was a massacre where everyone in the school died except them, and the stone in question was also found on site. In this massacre Zeke, a short teacher, tried to save one of his students, but she killed herself over all the death of the students and the plants she had poured her energy and life into. Daniel, a taller lithe man, found his friend Mark in the halls as the explosions happened. Mark was coughing up blood after and admitted to loving Daniel, but Daniel wasn't gay. Robert, a hulk of a man, got caught in the wreckage but due to his strength survived, and chased down a man in a hoodie who always sports a toothy grin. Despite the size advantage, the Reaper outmaneuvers and beats him in a fight, and tosses the stone they use into the boiler room.

Now these three are in an institution studying the time travel. What's interesting is that there seems to be a side effect to jumping. Robert grows bigger, Zeke becomes more depressed, and Daniel is reluctant to say, but eventually Zeke gets it out of him that he is getting gayer with each jump. Eventually Robert finds out, and Daniel in frustration rebuffs him, saying he's not interested. This hurts Robert as he really likes Daniel, and Robert breaks into the stone room to use it to grow to unparalleled heights. Daniel catches up and the head scientist, Kevin, tells him Robert is threatening to kill them all. They need Robert to be eliminated, but he is too big and strong now, so they ask Daniel to travel back and kill him in the past. Daniel travels back to age 5 (by accident) and takes a throwing dagger from Mark's older brother, but Robert overpowers him and they discover that Robert was simply growing to cope with being rejected, and would never imagine threatening anyone. They become friends as they grow up, with Mark as well being close.

The massacre happens and despite Robert being even bigger this time (the growth has smaller retroactive effects) the Reaper still beats him, and for good measure also handily beats Daniel. Daniel couldn't change anything with Mark, but when Mark confesses his love, Daniel is gay and tells him he loves him too, but Mark says that he loves someone else.

Over time Robert and Daniel begin to forget about conversations they had had with Zeke, and as it turns out (AM: I never did actually say this explicitly) Zeke has been traveling back to try to save Margaret again and again, failing, and becoming more and more aloof due to his side effect. This time Margaret, the student who had been killing herself, is with the boys. She has a note from Zeke telling her about everything he knew, and she is also friendly with the Reaper. She loses her cool when Daniel turns her advances down, and she assaults him and Daniel with the knowledge of Zeke that they seem to have forgotten. This causes a painful memory recalling in them, but since Zeke was part of their journey up until now they do remember. They make things up with Margaret  and they become closer in time. Margaret and Daniel train their fighting skills, and eventually as a joke Daniel and Robert fight, and despite Daniel holding his own for a bit, Robert wins. Margaret eventually challenges him, and was winning until Robert begins growing uncontrollably. Every time that was traveled back to at any point still has the effect from before, so at the time Robert was upset and compounded his growth before, it is now happening again. Margaret almost gets crushed. Everyone decides to travel back to try to save Zeke. Daniel doesn't go to save Mark, and Robert even ignores the Reaper to go help, even when the Reaper admits he is the cause of the death happening. Margaret manages to stop Zeke, and Robert and Daniel find that Zeke had been preparing adoption documents for Zeke to be Margaret's guardian since her parents had died in hurricane Katrina.

And that's all the way up to Chapter 15. There is a recurring theme I should mention of what will happen to Robert when he becomes a giant in the world. Will he destroy himself trying to protect people who can't always be protected, or will his strength go to his head and he will act as though he were god ruling over the earth. Daniel and Margaret have been very concerned over it, and Daniel has run into moments of Robert hypocritically saying he isn't any better then Daniel, and yet treating Daniel like a kid who needs to be protected, when based on everything they have learned over their time, Robert is the only one in danger.

• Like 6

• 5 months later...

Just finished binge reading this story through the night hahaha

I really hope you haven't abandoned this, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!

btw, my theory is that Mark is the Reaper. 

• 1 year later...

I too have just binge read all the chapters posted here.  Is there more chapters posted somewhere else?  If not I hope that you might consider revisiting this story and add a few more.

Thanks, Mark

2 hours ago, Bodicontak said:

I too have just binge read all the chapters posted here.  Is there more chapters posted somewhere else?  If not I hope that you might consider revisiting this story and add a few more.

Thanks, Mark

Wouldn't it be nice if MGF told me when people posted on here haha

I will admit ATM I am focusing on Grow Closer, but I have every intention to finish this. FOr this one I was free writing as I went but I think for the rest (I am near the end) I want to write it all out so I can tie it all up in a bow

Thank you for letting me know you guys are enjoying this :D It does mean a lot to me

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks you and you are welcome.  I am fairly new on here, I had created my account but for months after that I very rarely logged on and when I did I just kind of looked around.  It has only been the past two or three months that I have filled in my profile, found and started reading lots of peoples stories.

I am still trying to learn about and figure out the site.  I wasn't getting any notifications when people were posting new content for a while.   So, Yes!, I agree with you it would be nice if MGF let you know when posted comments to you!

I am very thankful to hear that you do have plans to write more and finish up Time Splitters.  I completely understand that you are busy with Grow Closer.  I started reading that last night and am now caught up and am looking forward to  reading your next posting!