TimeSplitters

Astromuscle

Chapter 9: Delay

Margaret smirked down at the two fuck boys on the floor. Robert was putting his shirt back on. Daniel was going to have a more difficult time. Margaret walked at a calm pace right past them to the basket of fruit hanging by the fridge and grabbed a banana. Robert had gotten up and recovered. Daniel wore his shirt as if it were an undone button up, but his abs and chest showed through the rough opening at the front. She peeled a little and put it too far into her mouth, until retreating and taking a tiny bite. She had made eye contact with boys as she did so. Robert looked completely annoyed, but she had caught Daniel's eyes.

Daniel broke eye contact and coughed. "Sorry Margaret, I guess we should leave." He made a beeline for the door.

"Now hold on Dan." Margaret walked again. Margaret's heels click-clacking the floor as her thin long legs, moved in slow deliberate strides that brought her to the table. Once there she brought a hand out from behind her back and threw another banana over to Daniel, who fumbled and dropped it. Robert stood to the side watching the scene play out. Daniel grabbed the banana off the floor. "Robert has not finished eating as far as I can see, and you barely ate Dan."

Robert laughed. "Margaret, I think we have had our fill," he looked over at Daniel "in one sense at least."

Margaret looked over at Robert and snapped her fingers a couple times to draw his attention back. "Ok, how about while I know you guys because we went to school together, we clearly are going to be working together for a while and I think it would help to know you both better. You both clearly know each other..." She seemed to be stretching for a word. "intimately well, but I am in the dark." She reached over and grabbed a piece of bacon off of what remained from Robert's pile and broke off a piece with her teeth. After she swallowed and no one had moved she licked her lips. "I promise not to bite unless asked to do so." She raised her hands as if to give Scout's honour in a skirt that left very little to the imagination and a tube top.

Daniel moved over and took his original seat. Robert gave him an odd look and Daniel shrugged. "She has a point, I also know barely know anything about her and we are about to have a lot of interaction." Robert grumbled but eventual sat back down and ate some more. 

Margaret looked between them excitedly. "Ok so I was in testing earlier, so I have the general idea about this jumping thing, but I went first, have you guys ever jumped before?"

Robert nodded, as Daniel explained they had been here before for a bit and jumped to before they gotten here, leaving it at that.

Margaret pondered for a minute, waving around her banana. "But then wouldn't I remember jumping at all?"

Daniel explained that he had a theory that from her perspective she never had, because she didn't jump back like Robert and Daniel had. Margaret said that made sense, but then she said that theoretically they should know her well enough if they had lived together already. Robert stopped eating in thought and Daniel's brow drew in together. Margaret looked at them with a quizzical look. They seemed frozen. "I mean right, surely we talked." The boys seemed beyond confused. Robert eventually spoke, "I believe you were avoiding us, we barely saw anyone but each other and the scientists." He began to relax. "Ya I don't know what about it that caused that." Daniel broke from his trance and seemed to agree, relieved. 

Margaret laid back and took a large bite of her banana. "That's a shame. Although I will admit if you were both putting on such grandiose displays as I walked in on, then I probably hid in my room or the greenhouse. Ok well then we all have a lot to learn. How about what is your favourite movie?"

Robert had finished his food and brought up another chair to kick his feet up on. "Well I usually gravitate towards action movies, there is something to be said for Lucky Number Slevin?"

Daniel looked confused, but Margaret nodded. "A cerebral action movie, it was good. Also Josh Hartnett being shirtless for a third of the movie doesn't hurt either." Robert and Margaret both leaned and looked up in memory. Both seemed to sigh at the same time, and then laughed at the symmetry. 

"I have never seen it, but personally I really enjoy Lord of the Rings." Daniel seemed embarrassed, and ate the last of his banana and set the peel on Robert's tray. 

Robert looked over at Daniel. "That makes you a nerd."

Daniel looked really put out. "Hey, it was greatly made, and the world is so in depth."

Robert looked even more amused. "There is nothing wrong with being a nerd." Robert's eyes narrowed and Daniel thought he might even have licked his lips a little. "Nothing wrong at all. Own it!"

Margaret laughed. "Got a thing for little nerd boys do you Robert?" 

Robert laughed heartily. "I don't know if I would go that far, but as long as they know what they like, then I know what I like."

"Well I like Scream."

Both of the men did a double take. "A horror movie?!" Daniel let slip.

Margaret gave Daniel a pitying look. "Oh honey, if you think that movie is horror then you don't even know. It is a well made movie that deconstructs the whole genre and breaks some rules itself. It was revolutionary and great."

Robert was enjoying the conversation clearly, despite activities he may have preferred to be doing. "You are full of surprises. I remember you being a quiet girl who I never noticed until horticulture when you gave the teacher a hard time, from what Daniel told me."

For a second Margaret looked hurt. She caught her composure after a minute. "Ya well that class was important to me. I always have had an affinity with plants and flowers. Then they got some teacher who didn't know the first thing about plants to teach it. It was bullshit. He didn't deserve to teach it, and I wanted everyone to know it."

Daniel interrupted, "Eventually you changed though."

Margaret looked over at Daniel, tears building behind her eyes. "Well we talked. He admitted he didn't know much, but he said he wanted everyone to have the same love for the subject that I did. He asked me to help teach him and the rest, so that the course could really mean something." Tears leaked out now. "He came in knowing nothing, and if we are honest probably didn't care about horticulture at all. Even still he was willing to put all that aside and admit his faults to me to ask if I could help make this course something that I would be proud to say that I took. He truly cared for his students."

Daniel and Robert both got up and came to comfort her. Eventually she wiped away her tears and got up. "I am so sorry guys. I know I said we should talk more, but I think I need to go to my room. We can talk more tomorrow ok, I want to know more about you guys." With that Margaret began to make a quick exit, but stopped at the door. "By the way does the name Zeke mean anything to either of you?" Both shook their heads. This caused a quick sob and Margaret ran off in earnest this time. As Robert and Daniel looked at each other in confusion, Kevin entered the room. 

"Is she ok? She looked really broken up about something." Kevin then took in Daniel's torn shirt. "Umm... should I go?"

Robert and Daniel looked over at Kevin. Daniel felt Rob tense up right behind him. Daniel spoke, "I think she just needs some alone time right now, we had been talking about an emotional subject, did you need something?"

Kevin shrugged and responded, "I was going to bring Robert in for testing. Is that ok?"

Daniel peeped up before Robert could finish his first step. "Could we both do our testing in the morning. There is something I want to do tonight."

Kevin seemed to think about it. "I guess not, it might make tomorrow busier, but if you are ok with that then I see no problem."

Daniel nodded, "We will be available bright and early to get started."

Kevin seemed pleased with that as he looked up at the two men. "Well then I will see you tomorrow then, have a good night." He seemed to raise a questioning eyebrow at Daniel's torn shirt and then turned and left. 

Robert relaxed, but only a little. "Are we resuming where we left off?" Robert leaned down. Daniel put a finger over his lips to stop him. Robert's eyes opened in surprise. He looked disappointed.

"Now now, good things come to those who wait. I have personally never seen Lucky Number Slevin, if you wanted to watch it." Robert drew himself back up to his towering full height.

"Well I guess next to what we had been doing before the mood was killed, that is a pretty good second. I guess we are going to my room." Daniel walked to the door, but looked back when he noticed a lack of heavy footsteps behind him. Robert had one hand on the ground supporting him as he silently giggled and pulsed larger with each breath. It was only slight again, but it was still something. Robert eventually regained his feet. Everything he wore fit tighter now, which Robert made even tighter by flexing in a couple poses as he looked down at his new body. He had probably only grown a couple of inches at most, but he was excited. 

"I thought we weren't doing testing tonight?" Daniel asked. 

Robert laughed, "Now is when I did my testing last time. Remember, every point we ever have jumped to counts. You did the same thing that one week."

Daniel looked a little scared. He realised that if they weren't careful, things could get out of hand, but he also wondered if he would even mind things getting out of hand. 

Robert stopped posing and adjusted his pants. "So movie?"

Daniel had been staring at his pants after ha had adjusted them, but now looked straight up at the man who had approached to fill his vision. "Yes, movie!" They left the room.

Margaret sniffled on her bed as she lay looking at a rough piece of paper. "Daniel and Robert are great people. You would enjoy living with them. Please give it a chance." Margaret folded up the note, trying to make sure she didn't get anything on it, it already was singed, and had some blood, she wanted to avoid doing anything else to it too. She stuck her note into her jewellery box and closed it up. She returned to her bed, and after a minute she heard a knock on her door. She was facing the wall, but called for who it was to come in. Without a word she heard the door open and close again.

Margaret sniffled some more as she felt the visitor sit on her bed. They rubbed her arm softly and rhythmically.  

Without moving, Margaret choked out, "So Zeke tried to save me time and again, and I always killed myself?"

"As far as I understand, yes." 

"Why? Why would I do that?" Margaret was tearing up again. It was stinging now.

"I don't know what your motivation was, but if I could take a guess, the incident was so traumatic, that seeing someone you put so much faith in not be able to explain was too much. That is a guess."

Margaret turned around and dug her face into the visitors black cotton hoodie. His voice was reassuring. 

"You have helped me so much. I don't think I could have gotten through this without you."

A not raspy voice responded. "It's ok, you are allowed to need comfort. We will get Zeke back, I just need you to wait. There are things here that have yet to be done."

Margaret calmed down. "Do they suspect you yet?"

The un-hooded Reaper shook his head. "I don't think so, but I left Daniel a clue. He's a smart kid."

"Robert isn't either. What if he finds you first?"

The Reaper chuckled. "I can handle him. If he wants to continue to live he is going to have to learn to get past that rage of his. He can't think straight any time he sees me."

Margaret sat back on her bed. "You clearly didn't have anything to do about that."

The Reaper grinned, showing his teeth. "I need to have some fun once in a while, sue me."

Margaret laughed a little. "Did you have something for me?"

The Reaper went to the door, where he had dropped a gift bag. Out of it he pulled a potted plant. It had a dark green stem that came up into extremely dark purple petals in 3 rows around a centre white core. "Just look after this plant for me. You will know what to do when the time comes. You called Daniel and Robert both smart, but don't count yourself out of that running. Margaret, just make sure you don't get feelings confused. There are different versions of love, and if you mistake something not sexual for something that is, you might lose both. Be careful." With that The Reaper put their hood back up and left.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

What happened with Zeke. Did something happened they dont remmeber him now?

And Matgaret knows the reaper and he likes her.

WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE!

d4OjYe0.gif

• Upvote 1

Seems to me that somehow Zeke died in the attack and Margaret didn't. Someone is jumping back but for what reason I have no idea. I find it unlikely I will ever like The Reaper. He is one grade A jerk. It doesn't matter why he is doing what he is doing he is still an ass. This is building to something I don't think I will like. Betrayal, giving in to one's negative side; there are many possibilities. I like happy endings but I can't see how this one can end well. I'm not saying don't continue I just feel a sense of foreboding. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I'm reading too much into this.  Excellent writing and character development.  

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, cutlerfan said:

Seems to me that somehow Zeke died in the attack and Margaret didn't. Someone is jumping back but for what reason I have no idea. I find it unlikely I will ever like The Reaper. He is one grade A jerk. It doesn't matter why he is doing what he is doing he is still an ass. This is building to something I don't think I will like. Betrayal, giving in to one's negative side; there are many possibilities. I like happy endings but I can't see how this one can end well. I'm not saying don't continue I just feel a sense of foreboding. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I'm reading too much into this.  Excellent writing and character development.  

But Zeke was with them, He came with Daniel and Roger and now they dont remember him

Here is a quote for chapter4

""Jesus took you long enough!" Zeke stoo up, but kept yelling over his shoulder. "We have all already heard this. I will be in my room when you want to do some testing." Zeke left the room on that note."

For me it looks like Daniel and Roger are not teh only oens jumping around over and over again and Zeke is doing it too even Margaret  but they are not remembering

Could be something in a jump that hey forgot made them harm Zeke? So their minds are blocking it out? Who knows? So many twists and turns to this story! It's great!

8 hours ago, cutlerfan said:

See now I wish I could tell you everything will turn out happy go lucky like the littlest elf (ASOUE movie reference!) But alas I write each story just free style and then post what I got without much editing. Things have already changed from what I thought was going to happen (Mark was supposed to be kind of a there and gone character, but it just made sense to have him more involved when they went back lol). What I can tell you is I have a general idea for the end (along with of course knowing exactly who The Reaper is, of course) and the ending I am going for is bittersweet. Not tulips and daisies, but overall good. That is however only the plan. 

• Upvote 1

I said I prefer happy endings but I can deal with overall good. After a drama like this there is bound to be fallout. Some live and some die. As long as some good comes from it I am fine with loss.  Writing each part of the story is very much like the characters jumping back. Futures are altered and what might have happened doesn't happen. That is the nature of writing.  

It is rare for a story to make me think as much as this one has. I have grown to care for most of the characters because you have described them as real people with good intentions and

faults. Bravo to you to pique my interest...good job sir.

• Upvote 1

(Astromuscle: If you guys have never seen Lucky number Slevin... then what are you doing with your lives! But actually it's not necessary, just no that Josh Hartnett [look him up if you don't know who that is] is shirtless for like the first third of the movie.)

Chapter 10: Desires

Robert let Daniel pop in the DVD as he sat down on the ground in front of it. He rested part of his lower back on the bed behind him and sat legs open. Daniel tuned back after he was done fiddling with the DVD player to see the wide expanse of Robert across his already bigger room.

"Sit anywhere you like pretty boy." Robert waved him forwards. Daniel came slowly, nervously and sat right in front of him, just off centre to allow his genitals room next to him, which Daniel tried and failed several times not to look at, clothed as Robert was. Robert laughed casually, but quieted down when the movie started. Daniel had never seen Josh Hartnett before, but very quickly saw a lot mor of him then he had expected. Daniel was shocked. The man was clearly attractive, thin, tall, little bit of muscle, and his demeanour was so nonchalant. 

"Isn't he great?" Daniel heard the rumbling from behind him, and felt a stirring to his side, where Robert's penis was.

Daniel thought, then spoke. "He's pretty good, but needs some more meat on his bones. You look way hotter than him by a mile."

Robert was silent for a moment. "Do you think so?" Robert sounded unsure, guarded. Daniel was shocked. 

Daniel turned around, all thoughts of seeing his conversation with Lucy Liu lost. "Big guy, what was that! Of course you are, look at you!"

Robert looked down at him, but then looked away. "What? Look at him. He is so lean and fit and smooth. Lucy Liu from minute is just like 'Screw getting a slice of that, I want the whole ass' and who can blame her."

Daniel was dumbfounded. He bent down for the remote and paused the movie. "Are you..." He was having difficulties even thinking the words. "Are you self-conscious?" Daniel couldn't hold back a giggle. Robert's eyes stared hard back down at him at the noise. 

"Oi I will fucking beat you." Robert began to get up and be menacing. Daniel looked up, and looked scared for a minute, but then straightened up to meet Robert's eyes. 

"Calm down. I am sorry for laughing ok?" Both relaxed and Robert sat back down. Daniel still looked up at him. "Look I only laughed because the whole situation seemed so funny. You are huge and glorious. You are cut from a diamond. You could probably punch through the walls of this room. It might not even hurt you."

Robert was focused on the paused screen. Josh and Lucy were having a conversation, Josh only wearing a towel around his thin waist. "Is that sexy though? Wouldn't people prefer to be with someone who might not accidentally hurt them. Someone not bulky, but thin. A protector, but not scary themselves. Someone not just strong, but also quick. Someone who can fit into normal society?" Robert looked over to Daniel now. The hurt, emotional face looked alien on him, topping the muscle mountain created from his deepest desire. 

Daniel never broke eye contact , but came up to him, hopping on his leg as he came to be just higher than his head. Daniel now looked down, and Robert's neck srunched in behind at the unusual sensation of looking up.

"Fuck what society thinks. Do you like being as big as you are?" Robert nodded. "Do you want to be bigger?"

Robert nodded again, but then spoke, "and The Reaper will regret fucking with me." Daniel took Robert's head in his hands. 

"Forget The Reaper for a second, this is more important." Robert looked away with a determined look, but Daniel lightly tapped his face, almost like a slap, and drew his face back in. "What do you want? When you look in the mirror, what do you want to see?"

Robert had trouble meeting Daniel's stare. "I want to be big." 

"How big!" 

"Very big."

"HOW FUCKING BIG ROB!

Robert looked over at Daniel again, almost angry, but also determined. "BIG ENOUGH THAT I COULD NEVER HOPE TO LOOK IN A MIRROR AND SEE EVERYTHING! I want to be the biggest thing around, and then i want to grow!" Daniel smiled and kissed Robert. 

"There you go big guy. That is your deepest desire. That's why you grow. Fuck everyone else! Some people will love you for who you are like this, and some won't. That's life. You just have to live it and try to find as many people from the first group as possible." 

Robert looked more relieved, and looked up at Daniel in a new light. "Do you know I was jealous of you when we were going through school the first time. You managed to pick up girl after girl. They all wanted you, and so did I. No one came after me like that. I have never actually dated anyone before."

Daniel was confused. He began to climb down, but spoke as he went. "I fit society's image of what was attractive. It's stupid, but that's what helped. Besides I had straight girls coming after me, of which there were many. For you, you could only have had the gay men who were out of the closet." Daniel got himself sorted and looked up. "I had a bit more to work with."

Robert reached for the remote, but noticed it was going to be difficult to use with his big fingers. "I guess so. You are here now anyways. At least there's one person I know who is into me." Robert smiled as Daniel took the remote from him and turned the movie back on, rewinding to what he had last seen. After a minute, Robert whispered to Daniel for no apparent reason. "Besides, I got my own Josh Hartnett right here."

Daniel laughed at that. "Given how big you are, I am a little confused what you find attractive about me..." Robert went to grab the remote again, but Daniel moved it away. "We can talk more later, you wanted me to watch this movie right?!" Robert leaned back, but lifted Daniel onto his inner lap, pulling him in with a huge arm against his core. Daniel snuggled in closer, and Robert could feel the warmth coming from the parts where Daniel touched him. 

About half way through the movie, Robert couldn't resist but speak up. "Daniel, how do you know that the jumping effect is granting our deepest desire?" Robert felt Daniel freeze against him. Robert looked over at him. Daniel was staring forward, unblinking. He didn't even appear to be breathing, until he saw the rise and fall of his chest suddenly resume. "Well isn't it obvious", he managed to breathe out forcefully. He relaxed a little once the words got out, but not completely. 

"I mean, I suspected, but you seemed so certain. What makes you sure?" Daniel stiffened more. Robert began to be worried and shook him a little. Daniel seemed so deep in thought. "Listen if you can't say it's fine, I just wondered is all." Robert was becoming more worried, but Daniel reanimated eventually. "I don't know."

Robert pulled him in again, tighter. Daniel coughed at the sudden pressure, which made Robert recoil his arm right out. Daniel breathed deeply, then grabbed Robert's arm and brought it right back in tight again. They watched the rest of the movie in silence.

Daniel stretched in Robert's hold. "That was a good movie. Really makes you think."

Robert smiled. "See. Good right?"

Daniel smiled, looking at the credits. "Yes, but you realise you now have to watch the whole Lord of the Rings series." Robert looked stunned. Daniel added before Robert could speak, "Unfortunately for you I only own the extended editions, each with almost an hour of extra footage." Robert actually looked afraid, which made Daniel giggle again. 

"I made you watch one movie and now I am forced to watch three super long ones, doesn't sound fair." 

Daniel stepped one foot over to Robert's other leg, pressing his chest into Robert's face. Robert blinked at the forwardness, while also being unable to stop staring forward at the visible defined pecs that were visible through Daniel's ripped shirt. "See but you are my slave. Do you have anything to say about that? Daniel raised an eyebrow, but Robert was still transfixed."

Robert unconsciously leaned his face in towards Daniel's chest. Then he responded. "Yes Master I do." He finally looked up at Daniel, smiling ear to ear. "Where would you like to be pleasured first?" Robert could see his penis growing behind Daniel, who was oblivious. 

"Well, I have only ever enjoyed the pleasures of a woman, so I'm afraid that my holes have until now been untouched. I would like you to remedy the situation. Chop chop." Daniel stuck his chin up and clapped his hands. Robert got up, causing Daniel to lose his footing. Robert caught him easily and slammed him down on the bead face-down. Daniel fiddled with his pants, and got them loose enough for Robert to pull them down and off in a couple good pulls. There was Daniel's ass. It was tight but pronounced. It was clearly based around muscle, but it also looked soft. Daniel spread his legs out, showing the way to the passage of glory. Robert reached under his bed, and pulled out lube. Robert put some on his hands before realising he himself was also still clothed. He began trying to figure out how to remove his clothes without getting them covered in lube, when Daniel got up and helped him. Daniel unbuttoned his pants, rubbing his abs once by accident, and then again definitely not on purpose. Eventually the pants come loose, and Daniel dragged them down. Robert's hard dick was pressed down until it finally sprung forward with force as the waistband passed it by. It must have been 12 inches long, and god knows how thick. Daniel stared at it, both transfixed and a little scared. 

"Lube up well big guy if you want that to fit in me. Daniel kept peeling Robert's pants off as Robert handled his cock with the lube. It was very sensitive at the moment, but Robert held back from pleasuring himself. Good things would come to those who waited. Daniel eventually got the pants around Robert's ankles, and Robert used his feet to discard them. He used his less lubed up hands to remove his shirt and toss it to, to which Daniel did the same. Daniel and Robert were on the bed together, Daniel looking like a pygmy next to the gargantuan Robert. Daniel resumed his pose, legs spread, and shook his ass around. Robert grabbed both sides of Daniel, and brought his cock up to Daniel's ass. Once the head touched the skin Daniel moaned. Robert cautiously pushed his way in. He wanted to just thrust and go, but he knew that would cause a lot of damage to Daniel, so he took it slow. It looked like Daniel was loving the slow method anyways as he slowly and with great difficulty took inch after inch of the thick cock. Robert closed his eyes, and began to slowly move his cock in and out using his hips. Daniel couldn't hep but moan in ecstasy. Robert moved faster and Daniel moaned louder. Robert looked down at the tiny man on his cock. His body was thin and responsive. It was everything he was not, and he loved it. he leaned his body over Daniel's, using his arms for support. He gyrated his hips down and forward. But eclipsed Daniel above him. Daniel looked up as Robert's head came into view, and tried to laugh, which turned into a deep moan. 

"Is the master enjoying himself?" As if on cue Daniel's dick sprayed squirts of cum into Robert's sheets. Robert brought himself back up to his height, allowing him to take his weight off his arms, and use his hands to shove Daniel's body from the shoulders harder onto his cock. He only need a couple of these before he himself came into Daniel. Daniel coughed at the sensation of something running up his anus as opposed to down. Robert laughed as his cock twitched with each release. Once it was done, Robert removed himself from Daniel, and grabbed his sheets to wipe off his dick. Daniel looked at what he had done to the sheets himself, and helped strip the bed once they had recovered. They ended up laying on the bare mattress, Daniel on top of Robert as Robert held him in place. 

Robert spoke first. "You know, the servant metaphor might break down a little when you come, but let your servant keep fucking you until he cums."

Daniel without pause responded. "If I didn't make my slaves happy, they may mutiny. I don't know if I could stop you if you mutinied."

Robert laughed. "I mutiny"

Daniel laughed with him, "Well shit, guess I am the servant now. That seems less fun somehow."

Robert leaned up a little to look at Daniel. "Slave, you aren't a servant. That implies you get dignity. I intend to give you none."

Daniel rolled over to look back at Robert. "Well damn. What kind of shenanigans can I get into with no dignity?"

Robert gave him an evil look. "I will show you later."

They both laughed, which made Daniel fall off of Robert. Daniel instead crawled up into his underarm, laying his head on the ample pec muscle as it came to meet the shoulder.

Daniel looked down at the arm that was next to him, bigger than him, then at the muscle wall on his other side. "Robert, earlier you said you were going to beat me. Would you actually have?"

"Of course not."

Daniel twisted his head back and up. "Then why were you getting up after you said it. What were you doing?"

Robert reflected. "I don't know I was just angry."

Daniel rolled over to face the bulk of Robert. You know, as you grown you are going to have to control your anger. You did have a point earlier, you could accidentally hurt someone more than you mean to. You don't have to be a zen master, but you have to separate what you can do from your anger."

Robert knitted his brown and looked down at Daniel. "I don't have that much anger."

Daniel turned over more, and moved his hand into Robert's armpit, eventually finding the vein that ran in there.

"Do you want to kill The Reaper?"

Robert looked surprised, but Daniel could see anger in his face. As Daniel suspected, the mere mention of the name caused Robert's heart rate to speed up. 

Daniel sighed and took his hand away. "Every time he is even mentioned you get angry. I understand, again you don't have to be a Buddhist monk, but don't let him control you like this. Thee are more important things in life." Daniel then remembered the note that same person had left him, and the dagger in his drawer. He quickly backtracked a little. "We need to be cautious, he is still out there, and if he shows up we will have to act, but he has gotten the better of you twice now because you couldn't keep your cool, and he knows it."

Robert breathed in deeply, then let out the breath slowly through his mouth. "Maybe you are right, but he did cause the massacre."

Daniel had heard extensive accounts from Robert about the encounters those two had had, and knew better than to point out that they didn't technically know that. "and if he did, it isn't up to us to kill him. We have trials and judges and prisons for all of this. He needs to be arrested." Robert didn't respond. "Robert, if the time ever comes for you to choose between killing him, and turning him over to the police, will you be able to stop yourself."

"Yes." Robert immediately responded, but he seemed to think about it for longer than that. 

Daniel rolled back over away from Robert. He petted the arm in front of him. Robert was immensely stronger than The Reaper, if Robert could keep his cool then Daniel was sure that when The Reaper came back, Robert could handle him. Daniel ended up falling asleep petting Robert's arm. Robert noticed, and curled up around him. They slept like that until morning. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6