TimeSplitters

Astromuscle

1 hour ago, Hanugumo said:

*is embarrassed* Sorry. ^^;; I have been exhausted all day, the past week has been so demanding, I read that lart but didn't really sink in till now. ^^;;

Also: I am curious though. Why is Robert at age 5 so different compared to age 6? Was Robert weak enough to kill at age 5 and no longer as easily killed at age 6? I mean: it is quite a funny coincidence that Robert came back too age 5 and at around the same time as Daniel went back and met Robert for the first time. x3

And also: You say that this Robert doesn't remember the conversation he & Dan had with Zeke. But how can that be? I mean: The Robert in that conversation had a younger mind than the Robert that we are now following right? But shouldn't the Robert we are following right now be a future version of the Robert that had that conversation? Or is it different for Time Travelers? =0

And lastly: Sorry to ask these questions. I am just so interested in this story and really love it so much. <3

Don't be embarrassed it's fine. Keep in mind I won't answer anything I think I can explain in story without LOOKING like I included it just to answer you.

Firstly, I never said Robert came to age 5, Daniel did. Robert's consciousness came before that. 

To your question about why that conversation with the three Splitters isn't remembered... hahaha (deep evil laugh) you'll figure it out.

To note though we are pretty much following Daniel's uncensored perspective. You can be fairly certain we are going chronologically in terms of Daniel's perspective (obviously not truly chronological lol). I honestly might have made it first person (and do sometimes by accident, though I try to catch all those mistakes) because I have at least 1 if not more limited third person perspectives before the end. That being said if any other Timesplitters make jumps then things may suddenly change...

If you have any story questions let me know, I would love to clear up any misconceptions you are getting, without giving away anything of course ;)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Astromuscle said:

Don't be embarrassed it's fine. Keep in mind I won't answer anything I think I can explain in story without LOOKING like I included it just to answer you.

Firstly, I never said Robert came to age 5, Daniel did. Robert's consciousness came before that. 

To your question about why that conversation with the three Splitters isn't remembered... hahaha (deep evil laugh) you'll figure it out.

To note though we are pretty much following Daniel's uncensored perspective. You can be fairly certain we are going chronologically in terms of Daniel's perspective (obviously not truly chronological lol). I honestly might have made it first person (and do sometimes by accident, though I try to catch all those mistakes) because I have at least 1 if not more limited third person perspectives before the end. That being said if any other Timesplitters make jumps then things may suddenly change...

If you have any story questions let me know, I would love to clear up any misconceptions you are getting, without giving away anything of course ;)

It's hard too keep all of the information in when your mind hasn't quite been able to process everything that happened in the past week. ^^;; But still: Thank you for answering my questions. I truly appreciate it. ^^ It makes a lot more sense now. ^^ <3

But really? Robert went even further back? =0 Holy crap, just how far back did he go? I hope not till his birth that woukd be weird as frick. xD lol

And awwwr, why no little spoilers? I want to know. xP lol

I mean: It's just info about if Rob & Dan are together in the new timeline and why a future consciousness can not remember a super important conversation they had in the past after all. xD Or is that gonna be plot development in the next parts? >;P lol

On 26/2/2017 at 10:38 AM, Astromuscle said:

Hey I'm glad everyone liked the travel to the past

I just wanted to clarify Robert didn't want Daniel to kill him, the scientist did. Daniel was afraid of what he heard and saw enough to believe that Robert would actually threaten people, which he wouldn't. Robert got sad at Daniel's rejection and decided to sink into his growth (as someone else might slip into alcohol or sex). 

I hope that doesn't ruin your experience of the story, just thought it was an important clarification

No man. I was teh oen who got teh wording wrong. I understand it wasnt Roger. I forgot to put a "They" in front of that lol

Chapter 7: Replay

Daniel: Eventually the day came. The day they knew the massacre was going to happen. They debated telling Zeke and Mark, but they thought that letting the knowledge out might cause a panic, or worse make them think they were crazy. They each set out with a goal. Robert was going to stop the Reaper, whereas Daniel (with Robert's blessing) was going to concentrate on protecting Mark.

At the beginning of the semester Daniel switched his schedule around to take the same class as Mark. As it turned out, it was horticulture with Zeke as the teacher. Daniel was completely uninterested, and honestly he thought Mark kind of was too. They still managed to enjoy themselves. Another girl in the class, Margaret seemed to be bothering Zeke at the beginning of the semester, which Daniel was going to step in and try to get her to lay off Zeke, until he seemed to take care of the issue himself. Suddenly she was helpful in class. Daniel still wasn't engaged, but was glad that Zeke had regained a lot of his composure. Zeke had always seemed aloof and Daniel had only talked to him when Zeke himself had ambushed him in Daniel's room. 

On the day of the massacre, Mark asked to go the washroom suddenly. Daniel asked Zeke if he could go too, but Zeke told him that he would only allow one student out of the class at a time. After a minute Daniel tried to simply walk out, but Zeke blocked his way, saying that he could hold it until Mark got back any minute now and that if he wasn't back in 2 minutes I could go anyways. Daniel was determined to leave, and was about to force his way past, when Zeke hit the ground screaming. Daniel was torn whether to stay and help Zeke, or to go after Mark, but when Margaret came to help Zeke, he took his opportunity to leave. He had been caught up more than he had meant to be but hoped he wouldn't be too late to help Mark.

Robert: Robert had scoured the whole school looking for what might be a bomb, he had started in the boiler room, but Daniel had pointed out that that room had not blown up, so there was not likely to be a bomb there. Robert and Daniel had combed the whole school and for the life of them, they could not find them. Daniel had told him that it would probably be worth going to his class on the day of the massacre, because that should guarantee he see The Reaper. It was with extreme frustration that Robert trudged to math class. He had skipped this class most in the past days in his search for the bombs. The teacher gave him a awestruck look that she played off as making fun of the fact that he was never in class, but something about the identical look on his classmates faces told him she was also taken aback by his muscles and size. The school had provided a larger desk to accommodate his size, though it was still small for him (people just didn't make things for people his size). He didn't even bother to pretend to be taking notes, simply watching the clock, the teacher tried to get him interested in the subject. He did manage to answer one of her questions though, which seemed to satisfy her. 

Then there were booming sounds in the distance and a familiar feeling of weightlessness. This time Robert was ready for it. Quickly putting his feet beneath him, he hit the ground with both feet in a grand thud that he would have wondered if it had been strong enough to shake the school, if the school wasn't already shaking for other reasons. He hadn't twisted his ankle this time, which made him happy. He looked around quickly and found the Reaper walking down the hall, staring at him. Robert took one step forward, when The Reaper turned and pointed up. Robert looked above him. He had forgotten the falling ceiling. Last time he had braced for it but this time he didn't have time. The ceiling came onto his back, and pushed him to the ground. He did manage to get his forearms onto the ground and knees beneath his hips, and flexed everything.

For any other person, the flat piece of ceiling falling on them would have crushed them to the ground. Instead, this bit of ceiling came crashing onto Robert's back, and held in place, suspended by his massive back and the tree trunks that were his arms and legs holing it up. He then lowered his one side to let the ceiling debris slide off his back. Then he got up, pushing the ceiling the rest of the way off of him. He thought of how heavy it had been last time, and almost laughed that despite being taken off guard this time, it was notably lighter than before. He remembered growing in the stone room, and how strong he could become. He then focused on The Reaper down the hall, who was laughing. A smirk crossed his face. 

"Nice strength!" He yelled down the hall, "but can you catch me?" With that he turned around and bolted down the hall. Robert huffed and clenched all his leg muscles focus on picking up on his pace. The Reaper sped down the halls taking turns that slowed Robert down. At each turn Robert had to land hard on his outside leg and almost jump to change his momentum from crashing into, and maybe even through, the walls. The Reaper looked back at these displays giggling. At one point they past by the boiler room, which threw Robert off. Robert had been expecting their fight to culminate there. They quickly came to a corner to which The Reaper took the turn, and doubled back. Robert was thrown so far off, his leg wasn't enough to stop him and he crashed down into a set of lockers. The lockers concave and Robert heard the wall crack, but it did stop him. He sat, his head spinning as he watched The Reaper saunter up to the boiler room they had past, open the door, shrug and throw the very familiar stone into the room with very little care. The Reaper then approached him, grinning ear to ear and laughing. 

"Oi, you should be more careful, that wall almost gave way fat ass!" The Reaper lost it and laughed uproariously. Robert was blind in rage at the puny man who stood before him and though he could taunt him. 

"I am going to kill you you motherfucker." Robert got up to him and brought both hands down. The Reaper dodged the hands and jumped. The ground below Robert's hands broke. The reaper used the tops of Robert's considerably bigger hands for stability as he twisted over his arms to round-house kick Robert in the head. Robert reeled back and protected his face. The Reaper came back at him with a solid punch onto his arm. Suddenly his arm felt heavy. Robert tried to use his arm, finding it was numb and he could barely use it. He brought his other arm across to try to sweep the man into the wall. The man jumped over the arm and shot several punches at that arm in the same spot. Then that arm went numb too. Robert stood there, with his arms laying on either side of his body, useless. The Reaper brought his arm back and threw all his weight into a punch at the top of Robert's abs, just between but below his pecs. Robert couldn't block but tensed his whole core. The punch was forceful, but was not enough to get through his wall of muscle. Robert looked down at the 2 and a half foot shorter man and laughed. The Reaper laughed too, with his toothy grin, until he suddenly stopped and jumped. He slipped both his hands behind Robert's head and brought it down, simultaneously bringing a strong hard knee to meet Robert's nose. A crack was heard, and Robert fell backwards onto his back since his arms did not go out to support him. The Reaper, walked over to him and looked down at him.

Robert tried to spit at him, but missed. "Fuck you Reaper."

The Reaper grinned. "You do know who I am! Good."

Robert growled "I will grow stronger still and kill you."

The Reaper grinned down at him "I told you once, and I'll tell you again. No, you won't."

With that The Reaper turned and left. Robert began to get feeling in his arms back in a minute. He came up, but could not see where The Reaper had gone. He got up and kicked a locker. It barely offered resistance to him. He went to kick another when he felt a light hand touch his side.

Daniel: Daniel rushed out of the horticulture room and made a beeline for the bathroom. Daniel entered only to find Mark washing his face. Mark looked up at the new figure who had entered, and registered it as Daniel after a couple of blinks. He went over and dried his face and greeted him. Daniel quickly grabbed his arm and dragged him along. Mark came along in toe, but was very confused and was asking Daniel lots of questions. Eventually Mark did pull out of Daniel's grip and demanded he answer his questions.

"Why are you in such a rush Daniel!" Mark said. He stood there, arms crossed across his large chest. Daniel noted his arm muscles pressed out more than usual as his chest took up the place where his arms would normally be. 

"Mark, something is going to happen-" and as if summoned, explosions sounded and blew some walls out of the school.

When Daniel got his vision back he looked to see Mark's body above him, blood dripping from his mouth. Daniel's mind raced, he had been sure the explosions had taken longer last time, but he wasn't wearing a watch. He stared in horror as this familiar scene began again in front of him. Mark moved, but it just accelerated the issue. Daniel eventually turned Mark over, so he was facing up and stared down at him. 

"Dude, I have something to tell you. It's really important."

Daniel couldn't respond, only tears leaked from his eyes.

"Daniel... I love you"

Daniel's tears fell on Mark's face but neither seemed to care. 

"I love you too." Before Mark could respond Daniel kissed him. Daniel desperately threw his tongue into Mark's mouth, coaxing his tongue to come together with his and move in positions and ways that complemented each other.

Mark teared up and after a couple of seconds of kissing he turned his head away. "Daniel you don't love me in the way I do."

Daniel's mind was racing, everything had been culminating to this moment, everything he hadn't been able to admit to anyone else, let alone himself.

"Mark I am gay! I wasn't but I am now."

Silence stretched into the air as neither Daniel nor Mark made a noise. Then Mark burst out in weak laughter that quickly became strong coughing causing blood to exit his mouth in equal parts with saliva. 

"Daniel, I know you are gay, but I love you in every way. You love someone else that way." Mark brushed some blood he had gotten off Daniel's face, and then fell heavily into Daniel's arms. Daniel sobbed. Distantly he heard a crash of metal and something else crushing. Eventually he let Mark lay on the ground. He knew there was nothing to be done, the fire department would be here soon. Daniel trudged along, coming to the doors he went out of last time to let the snow lie on his face. More noises had come from the same place as the first noise, and then down the hall Daniel saw a hooded black figure come running towards him. Daniel wiped his tears and took a stance, getting ready to fight The Reaper for the first time. The Reaper's only visible feature, his smile, grinned wide and proud. The Reaper did not slow down, but kept charging forward.

When the two met Daniel attempted a side kick to where The Reaper was going. The Reaper quickly shifted his weight ending up on the inside of Daniel's leg. He grabbed it and used his movement momentum to carry Daniel's leg around and swing him into a set of lockers lining the wall. As Daniel began to get up The Reaper swept out his legs with a kick and punched him in the stomach, down to the ground, grinding his fist as far down as he could get it to the ground through Daniel. Daniel curled up and turned away from The Reaper. The Reaper laughed heartily and began to run down the hall again. 

"You're gonna have to do better than that kiddo. Better luck next time!" With that The Reaper was gone. Daniel got up and limped off to where the hooded figure had come from. As Daniel had expected, Robert was getting up from laying down, so angry. He kicked a locker as Daniel approached him. The locker seemed to offer no resistance, which Daniel may have found extremely hot if not for the situation they were in. Before Robert could kick another Daniel laid a hand on his side drawing his attention. Daniel did not think The Reaper had hit him anywhere noticeable, but Robert went wide eyed. He prodded Daniel's neck and he winced. 

Daniel looked up at his friends face defensively. "You ain't looking hot either there broken nose." Robert brought a hand whose fingers each were almost the size of his nose. He felt around, and then forced his nose into roughly the right position. 

"Did you manage to save Mark?" Robert immediately wished he hadn't asked. Daniel's face looked down and was so sad. Robert was silent, unsure of what to say. Fire truck sirens could be heard in the distance now. 

"Robert, I have a confession, can you kneel down a bit so I am not looking up so much." Daniel looked up, teary eyed.

Robert got down on his knees as requested. "You know little guy, it's gonna get harder and harder to do this to have a conversation." Even kneeling Robert was still taller than Daniel, not to mention immensely wider and bigger. 

"Robert, when we jump our deepest desires are realised a little. You want to be bigger, so you get a little bigger each time." Robert nodded following along and trying to not to look too much like a kid on Christmas. "Robert have I told you about my last conversation with Mark." Robert said he had mentioned it once. 

"Robert, when I jump I become more gay." Daniel may never be the size of Robert, but in that moment he could have sworn he was, and had punched him in the face. "Robert, I lied when I told you I wasn't gay, I couldn't admit what was happening to me. I didn't want you around me when i jumped because I am especially horny when I jump, as you saw the other day."

Robert recovered from his shock and laughed so hard that Daniel was almost worried the ruins of the school would break down more from the force of it. 

"So Robert, you're not mad at me for lying to you."

Robert stopped laughing and stared down at Daniel. "Oh you are not off the hook. You have now toyed with my heart, and tried to kill me. You owe me so much!" Robert still sported a smile, which did help reassure Daniel. 

Daniel moved closer to Robert, looked up to him, and brought Robert's head down to kiss him. Robert large, strong tongue moved Daniel's around with ease, but Daniel's danced along his. Daniel even bit Robert's lips as they went through cycles of breathing and kissing. Robert brought Daniel's body against him. They both closed their eyes, getting into the feelings of their attraction. This also meant they didn't notice the firemen approach them until one coughed loudly to get their attention. They broke suddenly and Daniel fell down as he had climbed onto Robert's legs. Robert got up and brushed himself off. The firemen seemed intimidated by Robert, but they still told them they had to leave the building immediately and loop around to the meeting spot for the paramedics to check for injuries. With them was Zeke, who looked like a terrible tasting cocktail of sad and angry, as the firemen began to outline exactly where to go he left.

"I know where to go. I will see everyone later" He very much sounded like he did not want to see anyone later. Robert and Daniel looked at each other, confused as to why Zeke was so upset. Eventually they made their way to the paramedics, who put them into the hospital. Eventually when they were released a familiar annoying scientist with a treacherous smile came to them about how they needed to come with him to study the incident and what they could do now. Robert wanted to kill the man then and there, but Daniel told him they might find it more beneficial to go with them for now. Then they would have access to the stone at least. 

Robert and Daniel found themselves back at the facility. This time they knew the scientists were not all they seemed though, and this time they would be ready.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

How sad it is that Daniel couldnt save Mark when they prepered for years to that moment. How many times can they go back till they can fix it and changed the events?

Now Robert, Danil and Zeke rae bakc in teh facility. WHat are gonna be the changes now? but first GO FUCK THE HELL OUT OF EACH OTHER, GUYS!

• Upvote 1

It is very sad to see that even with all the knowledge & planning their goals were not realized and The Reaper still got away & Mark still died. ='(

And poor Mark... he is in love with someone who is in love with someone else. ='(

I do have a bit of a Q (dunno if you already said this in previous parts, I forgot but): Who exactly IS The Reaper? =/ Woukd it not be better for Dan & Robert to go back in time and prevent whoever becomes the Reaper from actually becoming the Reaper? Or is that impossible? =/ (Not by killing him, but more like being his friend and influencing him in such a way that he doesn't turn into it. =3)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hanugumo said:

It is very sad to see that even with all the knowledge & planning their goals were not realized and The Reaper still got away & Mark still died. ='(

And poor Mark... he is in love with someone who is in love with someone else. ='(

I do have a bit of a Q (dunno if you already said this in previous parts, I forgot but): Who exactly IS The Reaper? =/ Woukd it not be better for Dan & Robert to go back in time and prevent whoever becomes the Reaper from actually becoming the Reaper? Or is that impossible? =/ (Not by killing him, but more like being his friend and influencing him in such a way that he doesn't turn into it. =3)

i dont think they knwo who the reaper is. So far he is always in ahoodie or soemthing

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ro20316 said:

i dont think they knwo who the reaper is. So far he is always in ahoodie or soemthing

I'm beginning to assume in the "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" sense that this is a tale of unintentional self destruction.  

• Upvote 1

Wibbly Wobbly timey wimey stuff! It is gonna get a little complex so I might lessen the constraints of the time manipulation rules a little so if you are looking for some perfectly crafted tI me manipulation zero time dilemma tale then you might have to keep looking. Lol. I hope it will still please!

• Upvote 2