Crossfit Growth

gymguy82

Hey sorry for the lack of a definition, in crossfit "WOD" means workout of the day, it changes everyday and everyone at the box (which is what a crossfit gym is called) does it

Thanks for reading

• Upvote 1

Ted had a huge smile on his face as he read the texts from Casey, he thought about what to send back.

He typed "That was nothing, I'm just getting started"

Not even a minute later his phone vibrated again

"OMG your awesome, we need to make you an instagram"

Ted had heard of instagram but had no idea why he needed one, as he pulled in his driveway he saved Casey's phone number under the name coach.

He laid in bed thinking about his new goals, he had never actually put goals to himself.  He'd just been working to get better everyday so now having tangible numbers to work toward was exciting.  He would start by breaking the lifting records at the box and then break the different wod time records.  He also thought about why he was able to do what he was doing.  He had never been an athlete or particularly strong but now here he was just a beast.  He wasn't going to complain, just put his head down and work.

Ted unlocked the box at 5 and got right to it, he warmed up with squats and deadlifts, he kept his weights lighter focusing on his form and being explosive in every part of the movements.  Casey showed up early at 5:30 with a big smile on her face when she saw Ted, "How in the world are you lifting again after what you did last night?"  Ted just pointed at the board and said "I don't have time to be lazy"

Casey rolled her eyes, "oh yeah, you being lazy haha"  "Did you make an instagram yet?" she asked

"I know what it is, but why in the world do I need one?"  

"People would freak out seeing you lift and do your wod's, trust me"

"Wait so strangers would care about what I'm doing in the box?"  

"Just download the app and you'll see, you do know how to download apps right?"

He held up his phone, "its installing, smartass"

He filled out the sign up, stopping to think of a username, he settled on CrossfitBeast45

"Now what?" he asked, "Give me your phone, Crossfitbeast huh? she laughed

"What, that's what you called me"

"Haha, no its perfect, ok so what lift are you about to do?"

"I was going to do 315lbs on squats til failure"

"Get to it then" she said

She pointed the phone camera at him and he unracked the weight.  He locked his eyes ahead and started his first rep, with each rep he focused to keeping his shoulders back and his back straight, going ass to the ground.  He was up to 20 reps, his form never wavering, Casey was worried he would go over the time limit for the video, but as he got to 25 he slowed and racked the weight at 28.

"That was awesome, perfect first post"  she started typing a bunch of things and then said "ok your first post is up"

He threw his phone in his gym bag as the other coaches starting showing up and it was time to work on olympic lifts.  He showered quickly and drove to work, he sat in the parking lot eating and remembered his phone.  He grabbed it and the light was blinking, he unlocked and saw he had 144 notifications, "what the hell?"  He touched the screen and his instagram came up, there was a long list of names and next to them it is "is now following you", there was also a list of "likes".  Finally there were comments, he clicked on the post and started to read

"That form tho"

"He is a beast"

"Goals"

"I'm glad he doesn't go to my box"

He texted Casey, "Whoa, you werem't kidding, I can't believe this many people care about this"

She texted back "Dude that's your first post, just wait"

An hour later Ted had to turn off the vibrate on his phone, by the time he was getting to to go to the gym he had over 100 "followers" and his video had over 100 likes and numerous comments.

Ted showed all this to Casey and she smiled, wait til I put up videos of whatever you do tonight.

Ted killed his workout with Casey filming several parts and then uploading them with numerous "hashtags" that she explained helped people find the videos.  Ted wanted to try breaking more records but he needed rest and food he would spend the rest of the week working up his weights in his morning sessions and then see which he felt he was ready to tackle at night.

• Upvote 8

I like what I see out of this story a lot, while I'm not really that versed in Crossfit, about the routines and the workouts, I know that these people are some of the best all around athletes around the World, and both the girls and guys could certainly challenge most other sport's athletes in contests, but it seems that Ted is mostly concentrating on power an muscle building, and that's just fine with me, I look forward to more!

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much, I'm really glad your enjoying it.  I do have an easier time writing lifting parts than I do the other crossfit parts.  But I do want his size to be a byproduct of his training more than he is training to gain specificly gain size. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, panama said:

So good ! I hope Casey and Ted are going to fuck very soon. Thank you for this great story.

Ah, so you want Ted to cheat on his wife? ^^;

Aren't most hetrosexual MG stories like that these days? Can't they ever be where the couple (married or not) stay together and live happily ever after? >.=.>;

Thanks for reading guys, we'll see where ted's marriage goes, I'm trying to make this realistic, and there are many real situations in the world that aren't as black and white as cheating or happily ever after.  

• Upvote 2

Casey sat looking at Ted's instagram on his phone.  "Dude in 2 months you have already gotten more followers than me!"  Ted shrugged "you know I still don't understand why"

"Oh you know why "crossfit beast" she laughed, he smiled and walked over to the bench.  

He had been steadily climbing up the leader-boards at the box, his name was now in the top 10 of every lift and his many of his times were now in the top 10 of specific workouts.   He had found his snatch and clean and jerk lagging in the final push phase, so he added more upperbody work to his morning powerlifting routine, adding bench press, standing military press and seated military press.

He finished off his set of 5 on bench press at 275lbs and Casey shook her head "what?" he said

"That's a pretty big lift and you act like its nothing" she laughed, "Seem's like a weak lift to me, should be more" he said intensely.

"How much do you weigh now?" she asked  "

Don't know"

"Lets find out" they walked to the digital scale and Ted stepped on

"214lbs, Jesus Ted that's 0ver 10lbs in 2 months!"  "No wonder your shirts are getting so tight!"

Ted looked in the mirror, he had to admit his shirt was getting tight all over.  He could see his chest pushing against the front, his shoulders filled the shirt out forcing his sleeves up his arms, the sleeves that were now almost tight against his biceps.

Casey walked in the office and walked back out throwing Ted a balled up shirt.  "Your first XL shirt" she smiled  "Try it on"

Ted froze for a second, was he going to take off his shirt in front of Casey?  Sure his body was good for his age, but she was used to young tight guys, what would she think.

She stared at him waiting.

He took a deep breath and pulled off his shirt.

"Daaaamn Ted"  "hold on, she walked over and grabbed his phone and snapped a picture

"Your not going to post that are you?" He asked

"Yes I am, your fans will go crazy"

"My fans?"

"All your instagram followers, they've never seen how actually jacked you are"

Ted pulled on the new shirt and sat down, he had fans now?  Did Casey just all me "jacked"?

Ted left the gym buzzing about being called "jacked" for the first time, he headed home, hoped in the shower and got dressed to go out for his son's birthday.

Both of his kids were in college so it was nice to have all 4 of them together for dinner.  His daughter pulled out her phone and started typing, "Molly, wait til after dinner please" he said.

She smiled, "Fine" and then spoke lightheartedly "I'm surprised you're not on your phone, you being an instagram star and all" She and her brother laughed.  Ted stiffened, Lisa spoke up, "A insta what star?"  Molly started "Dad has an instagram with videos of all his workouts and stuff and like bunch of people follow him"  "Some guys at school who do crossfit were watching his video's, it was pretty embarrassing to say that was my dad" she kidded "they do want to meet you though"  Ted could feel his face redden and he looked at Molly "Sorry honey, I didnt mean to embarrass you with your friends"  It's ok, they think its cool, but its weird to see my dad lifting a thousand pounds on instagram haha.

Lisa looked at Ted, "Well, that's great" she said it with subtly false sincerity.  He knew they would be talking about this later.

• Upvote 7