Crossfit Growth

gymguy82

18 months ago

Lisa watched Ted run into the house and quickly eat a meal and then run back out to go to crossfit without even saying hello to her.  She was used to it but it still didn't make it any easier.  There were worse things your husband could be addicted to than working out she thought.  She certainly didn't mind the changes to his body or the mind blowing sex they were having.  But it seemed like she didn't matter to Ted anymore, he just took for granted she would be there to encourage him when he needed it and fuck him when he wanted it.  Between crossfit and work she barely saw him, and when she did he was either cooking or eating and didn't have much to say to her.  His new body also made her feel self conscious about her own body.  She was pretty skinny, but soft all over, decent curves, but small gut.  Her chest had never been big so at least she didn't have to worry about sagging there, of course her small butt sagged.  But compared to other women her age she was doing pretty good, so why was she so depressed anytime she looked in the mirror now.

She sat in the parking lot of the crossfit box wondering if she had the courage to actually walk in and sign up.  She saw young fit people going in and out and she also saw older very not fit people going in and out.  She felt better knowing she wouldn't be in the worse shape there.  She thought about asking Ted if she could go with him, but she honestly didn't want to and deep down she was scared he would say no because she would embarrass him.  So she chose another "box" in town and thought she would try it and maybe shape up a little bit.  

She walked in and was greeted by one of the coaches and he explained how taking classes would work and not to worry they would teach her everything she needed to know before she tried anything.  She agreed and she would start tomorrow night when Ted was at his class.  All day she was nervous about crossfit, she debating not going, telling herself it was a stupid idea.  She decided she wouldn't let her fear beat her and she would go, no matter how terrible it was, she would be proud of herself for doing it.

As she waited for Ted to leave she realized she had no idea what to wear for crossfit, when she looked online all the women were wearing tights or shorts that were smaller than most of her underwear.  She decided on running shorts and an old tshirt, she looked like the most typical  out of shape mom going to the gym ever.  

She got to the gym and saw the coach she had talked to earlier and he waved her over.  She was happy to see the group she was with looked just as nervous and out of shape as she was and she wasn't the oldest, good start.  The coach, Tommy, explained that he would be showing them crossfit movements tonight so it should be pretty easy he said with a smile that made her worry.  They started with stretching and she realized she was not flexible at all anymore so this was already a workout, he then had them do a few quick laps around the gym to get warmed up.  She couldn't remember the last time she ran and her lungs and joints reminded her she was very out of shape.

After running and being more winded than she wanted to let on, Tommy began going through the basics of crossfit.  Simple stuff probably to someone who had been in a weightroom before but to her it all looked impossible.  Push ups and pull ups, she was glad he didn't make her do any because she doubted she could do one of either.  Then stuff with weights, squats looked easy enough, deadlifts looked like they would destroy your back, cleans, hang cleans, power cleans, snatches, clean and jerks.  He showed them all of them and she was totally lost.  When it was time to actually try to do them, he tried to tell them all the things they were doing wrong, but there wasn't enough time.  Everyone else in the group had the same look of wild eyed bewilderment and Tommy told them this was normal.  She saw other people around the "box" doing impossible workouts with impossibly heavy looking bars and she was intimidated and curious.  Could she ever do things like that, I mean if Ted could then maybe she could learn too.  

After the first night and being totally lost she didn't really know why she went back the next night.  Maybe she was just bored because Ted was never home and they never did anything together anymore.  But here she was standing in front of Tommy ready to warm up again.  After their warm up Tommy said they would do a very simple "WOD" workout of the day, how cute she thought.  It would be simple, 10 push ups, 1 pull up, 5 wall balls, which she was scared she would miss the ball and it would hit her in the face, and then the rowing machine, after you finished you ran back to the beginning and started again doing it 5 times.  One time through and she was thinking how easy this was, except the pull up she came close to pulling herself up and Tommy said it counted.  As the started the second time through the push ups were getting harder, the wall ball felt heavier and the rowing took forever.  

As she ran back to start the third time she was breathing heavy and the push ups were very hard, the pull up she didn't even get half way up, the ball was barely getting in the air and her back hurt trying to row.  The forth time and her arms were jello on her push ups, she just hung from the bar and barely moved up for her pull up, Tommy told her to make sure to use her legs as she did the wall ball and it helped to get the ball up, as she sat rowing another coach stopped her and showed her a way to improve her form, she was still dying but her back her less.  On her last push ups she felt bad but she had to do them girl style but she did them, the pull up she didn't really move, the ball might have left her hands on a few of the tosses and her rowing was actually better, but she couldn't breath.  As she finished Tommy and the other coach were clapping.  She looked around and realized she was the first one in the group to finish.

Not everyone finished completely but Tommy gathered them up and congratulated them and told them tomorrow they would try some lifts.  She was dead but slightly energized, she had beaten everyone, even if it wasn't a race, but she still won.  She was home before Ted and slept like a baby, she had felt Ted try to wake her up for sex but she was too tired to even think about that.  The next day she was sore all over, she thought about not going but maybe she would win at lifting too.

Lisa had a big smile on her face as she drove home from the box.  She had won at lifting, well she had the best form and she was the fastest, she wasn't the strongest, the bumper plates she was using weighed zero pounds she was pretty sure but she still did all the lifts and the bar by itself was heavy anyway.  She wanted to tell Ted everything about how she was starting and winning at stuff already but of course he wasn't home.  She also decided not to tell him she was doing crossfit too, she knew it was silly not to tell him because then they would actually have something to talk about.  But he didn't want him to think she was just copying him or feel obligated to bring her with him.  They would each have their own thing, even if it was the same thing, just not together.  

She woke up the next morning and when she tried to get out of bed everything hurt.  Oh my god is this what being sore is like?  she quickly googled soreness and what to do.  Pretty much all you could do was drink water and move and wait for it to go away, great.  She thought about skipping crossfit, but if Ted went every night then so could she.

When she got there, there were only a few people from her group and Tommy congratulated them on not quitting.  "Start warming up, I think I might go a little easy on you guys tonight because I bet you all are sore as hell"  She and the group laughed glad that everyone else felt as sore as her.  Tommy walked over to where a man had just come in the door and was shaking hands with the coaches.  She could see he was older but good looking, he was wearing a polo shirt and slacks, average height, but she noticed he looked big, like almost thick in a way and filled out his clothes.  Tommy came back over and she walked over to him after finished up her warm up "Who is that?" she asked 

"That's Don Rainer, he owns this box and gyms all over the state" Tommy said

"Does he do crossfit too? She asked

He laughed a little, "No, he's a former powerlifting champion, tells me all the time crossfit is too much damn work."

• Upvote 7

Glad you're enjoying it, I'm really better at writing chapters like that than I am the descriptions of  actual muscle size and growth so that chapter was easy for me.  I hope it came across different in tone and wording than the Ted chapters since it was from Lisa's pov.  It's nice to write from different pov's and I will admit I haven't really thought of the full time line of the story so continuity may be off.  I will say the total story has maybe been 2 years, or more, I want to keep the progress of the characters somewhat on the upper end of realistic.  If you have any questions or criticisms let me know in the replays or send me a message I"m happy to listen what people think of the story good or bad.  Thanks for reading

• Upvote 6

Lisa was shocked with herself, she was loving crossfit and she seemed to be pretty good at it. She had always been a shy, almost meek person, but in the Box she was confident and aggressive, she loved the feeling. She had mastered the basics and techniques over the past few months and now she was doing every WOD and working on her lifts.  She felt great and she could tell her body was changing.  She was tight and toned now, she had followed Ted's lead and began to eat healthy.  She was buying clean meals and eating them for lunch and dinner everyday now.  Ted of course had not noticed at all, he was too busy caring about himself even when they had sex he didn't seem to notice the changes in her body.  They hardly talked anymore and never more than just superficial things mainly about Ted's day, he never asked about hers.  Despite this she was happy with herself, she felt better than she ever had, she felt like she had a new purpose and drive with her working out.  She understood now how Ted became so obsessed with it.  But she also felt their marriage had become empty and wasn't good for either of them.  As Ted became more distant she became nervous that he was cheating on her, she felt stupid for even suspecting him, but still she checked his phone.  She saw texts from a contact labeled "coach" she could tell from the texts that it was a women and she was probably younger based on the way she texted him.  There were texts about how big Ted looked and how strong he was.  She felt sick, but at the same time she was happy for Ted, whenever she tried to compliment him on his body he just acted aloof and said thanks.  He obviously liked hearing it from "coach" more than from her.

Lisa thought more and more about her marriage, she loved Ted and he had never done anything to hurt her, but he obviously wasn't as invested as he once was. She could confront him and say they had to go to therapy or he had to change, but she didn't want to do that.  It would just make it worse as he would resent her, it sounded crazy to her, but maybe they needed a break.  She knew if she did this he might cheat on her, she would be pushing him away and she would deserve it if he did cheat.  She couldn't believe it but it didn't bother her, they had been married a long time, she knew Ted loved her, if he slept with someone else, she was ok with it.  She even realized that he might leave her for someone else and she knew that the thought should terrify her.  Being over 40 and dumped by your husband was a fear most women had, but again she felt ok with the prospect.  She was shocked at her own confidence, but she decided she would do it, hopefully some time apart would make them both want to work harder at being together.

She was out with her family for Ted's birthday and it was nice, they all seemed happy.  She bought a new dress and felt great in it, she was even getting a butt to fill out clothes, Ted didn't notice of course.  As they were talking her kids both mentioned Ted's instagram account, she had no idea Ted had an instagram account.  She tried to take it in stride, learning her husband was posting shirtless workout pictures and her children's friends were looking at them.  As they walked to the car Ted's weak explanations for not telling her didn't even make her mad, they just solidified what she had been thinking.  She stopped him, "Ted, I think we should take a break"  

They talked the whole way home and she tried to explain herself and he tried to convince her to change her mind but she did not.  She kissed him and he went to the guest room obviously angry and hurt.  She hated hurting him, but this would be for the best, even if it would be hard on both of them.  She couldn't help herself and checked Ted's instagram, it was very impressive, she honestly didn't know just how good he was at crossfit or how strong he had gotten.  She quickly figured out who "coach" was, she saw comments from "crossfitcoachCasey" on most of Ted's pictures and videos, Lisa clicked on Casey's profile.

Casey was very pretty, very young and very in shape.  Lisa was shocked at her muscles, she had seen pictures of the crossfit pro women, but seeing a real girl this young with a body like hers was shocking.  It also looked like she wore only her underwear to do her workouts.  She looked short, but with powerful round shoulders and a wide back, her stomach was like a washboard.  What really caught Lisa's attention was Casey's legs, huge was the only word Lisa could think of, her calves looked like they were as big as Lisa's thighs, and her thighs were big and round, each muscle stood out in her thighs but not in an unattractive way like she had too little bodyfat.  She looked healthy and powerful and she was really good at crossfit, none of the women at her box were on this girl's level.  Her mind swirled, Is this what Ted likes now?  If I keep doing crossfit will I look like her? would I actually want to look like her?

• Upvote 10

Lisa was working harder than ever and quickly becoming one of the best women at her box.  She was tight and toned and seeing some muscle but nothing like Casey.  Her shoulders and back were definitely bigger because her shirts were tighter and it wasn't her boobs.  Her stomach was tigher but she still didn't have abs, if she flexed her arms she saw a little bump forming and her legs were tight and a little bigger she thought.  She figured she still wasn't lifting as heavy as Casey so she wasn't growing muscles like her yet.

As she was getting ready to leave after her workout someone walked up behind her

"So this is our budding crossfit star"

She turned around and was shocked to see Don Rainer standing in front of her, she laughed nervously "I might be a little old to be budding at anything."

Don laughed "Take it from the oldest guy in the room, your quite young and I hear getting quite good with your training."

Was she blushing, she might have been blushing "Thank you, Don is it?"

"Yes, Don Rainer, how rude no to introduce myself"  he stuck out his hand and she shook it. "I'm Lisa"

"Its nice to meet you Lisa, as you may know I own all the Monster House gyms in the state but this is my first try at a crossfit box.  Its great to see some of our clients excelling so quickly.  I know next to nothing about crossfit, but I've been around gyms and training my whole life so if there is anything I can do to help please, ask away."

"Well this will probably sound silly to you, but how to other women who do crossfit get so...muscular?"

"Well like any training its all about hard workouts, to gain muscle takes heavy lifting and a proper diet, no real short cut to it"

"What kind of diet?, I mean I'm eating clean meals, a few cheats, and I'm happy with how I'm looking and my performance, but I just feel like I should be seeing more results" 

"The question is are you eating enough?

Lisa looked at him funny "Well I don't want to waste all this hard work and get fat."

Don smiled back "Well if you are eating correctly and training, you will gain muscle and not fat, how many calories a day are you eating now?

"I don't really know, I buy 3 clean meals a day and eat them, with some snacks, so about 2000"

"That's good if you want to maintain your weight now or even lose some, but you have to remember how much you are burning every night that you come and workout.  Your body just doesn't have enough fuel to grow bigger muscles or get stronger at the rate you would like."

He continued "How about this, give me your email and I will email you a good starter diet for you to try and see if you like the results"

"Well you don't have to do that, I"m sure your busy"  he cut her off "Not at all, I'm happy to do it"  She wrote down her email address and handed it to him.  

"Great, I'll have it to you by later this evening so you can start with your new diet tomorrow, here's my cell phone number, if you need anything, email me or call and I'll be happy to help"  he flashed her a smile.

She thanked him and gathered her stuff.  As she drove home she thought about how nice Don was being to her, he certainly wasn't offering to do this for anyone else at the box.  She then realized she wasn't wearing her wedding ring, oh, I hope he doesn't think.  She stopped herself she was a single woman now and there wasn't anything wrong with talking to a man.  He was probably just being nice to the old lady anyway.  From what she could tell, he had quite a body under those clothes and he was obviously rich, he would have women crawling all over him. 

The diet was already in her inbox when she got home.  It looked like a lot of food, almost 2500 calories a day, if Ted could do it so could she.  As she came to the bottom there was a note from Don, "Starting tomorrow morning all of your meals and snacks will be ready for you for a week, everything is taken care of all you have to do is pick them up and eat and enjoy."  Wow ok, now this was a little beyond but what he would do for a gym member.  She picked up her phone and called Don

"Hello"

"Hey Don this is Lisa, thank you so much for the diet plan, but really I can take care of this, no need for you to go to all this trouble just for me."

"Lisa, please don't worry about it, no trouble at all, I'm more than happy to do it, its selfish of me because I want to see my crossfit box have a champion someday and it could be you."

Lisa was shocked and honestly feeling a little pressure now "Don, I just don't know if I can accept this, and I don't know about ever being a champion"

"Really Lisa, it's something I want to do, and please don't feel any pressure, enjoy yourself, enjoy the meal plan and do your best.  As long as you are enjoying yourself I will be happy."

"Thank you again, so if you don't do crossfit, do you compete in something else?"

"I was a champion powerlifter for years but I'll admit I've lost my passion for it, too old for crossfit but maybe try out bodybuilding, everyone loves seeing an old guy in a bikini" he laughed

She laughed "You should do it, I mean you're already in great shape, couldn't be that much more you need to do."

He laughed "You don't know much about bodybuilding do you, it will be a lot of work, I would need to put on some major muscle before I felt comfortable getting on stage with those guys"

"Well I actually know nothing about bodybuilding", she laughed, "But I'm sure you'd look pretty good with some major muscle"

"Well that settles it, looks like I'm going to try out bodybuilding"

"Good luck then, we'll have to keep in touch and share our progress"

"Nothing would make me happier Lisa, listen we should train together, I can show you some powerlifting exercises that will help with your crossfit."

Lisa stopped and thought, was he asking me on a date to the gym, she almost laughed, but he was right, he did know what he was doing and it would help her.  "Alright, that sounds good, give me a little time on my new diet and I can at least put up a good showing"

He laughed, "Of course, I'll be in touch soon"

• Upvote 6