Welcome to Muscle Growth Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• CMiller

Help contribute, donate via PayPal or join with a monthly Patreon contribution.   03/21/16

To help raise funds I've introduced a monthly contribution option called Pateron. This service allows you to pledge a monthly contribution plus allows me to offer you some rewards for your contribution. If you have any questions you may PM me. If you'd like to make that contribution please click on the image below:      
borednessis

testosterone level

Hi Guys,

Just got a test back from the docs showing my testosterone level at 12.4 nmol/L

the healthy range on the sheet said 10-32 and doc said it was fine

just wondering since it is near the bottom of the healthy range would this be inhibiting my gains in the gym? and what would be a good level to be at to be making better progress?

ive been working out 2 years so far (5 days a week) and have made little progress, or at least not enough for my liking.

thanks

Diet and exercise can increase your testosterone levels.  Focus on heavy squats and deadlifts, eat high protein fairly high fat meals, avoid soy products and simple sugars.  

Vegans have higher testosterone levels than vegetarians who have higher testosterone levels than omnivores. 

i eat pretty well, i dont eat soy and no junk food, along with gym 5 days a week with my trainer, just got updated test result today and even lower at 10.1 :( booked in with the endocrinologist now to see if they can help 

On 11/11/2016 at 6:01 AM, borednessis said:

just wondering since it is near the bottom of the healthy range would this be inhibiting my gains in the gym?

It's not that being at the bottom of the range will "inhibit" - it's more that being mid-high range will provide a much larger and more accessible "potential" for gains. BTDT myself..

i keep my free test levels over 1000 and i feel great. tahts my sweeet spot

On 11/15/2016 at 9:02 PM, WisteriaDay said:

Vegans have higher testosterone levels than vegetarians who have higher testosterone levels than omnivores. 

That is just patently false.