Trontastic

Finding a workout partner

Hey good fellows!

I've come to understand that going at it alone when it comes to working out just isn't working for me. I barely keep to training times, and I always feel as though I have to hide the fact I work out from my family and those around me.

So, to help fix this, I figure I need an accountability buddy. Someone I can talk to about working out, and to keep me on track and stuff. Someone IRL would be nice, but... again, shyness and awkwardness. If there's anyone on the board who can help, or give advice or whatever, please do!

• Upvote 1

A workout partner can be as much of a hindrance as a help depending on their motivation.  It sounds more like you need a trainer to push you, not necessarily a workout partner.  Why would you need to hide the fact that you work out?  Working out and being fit is something to be proud of, not embarrassed.  

• Upvote 3

Thanks blowingup.

I guess it comes down to my own stupid insecurities. I guess im not comfortable letting on I'm trying to get fitter, when my family has always known me to be such a recluse. Plus I still look like an awkward stick insect at the gym. So being next to all those beefy guys, through no fault of their own, makes me feel I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. Which makes the half hour drive I have to make out of my way to the nearest gym seem not worth the cost in both fuel and time.

Though, I'm probably going to do something about that by getting a used weight bench and a weight set from Gumtree and set something up in the shed out back.

• Upvote 1