Welcome to Muscle Growth Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• CMiller

BAD CACHING CAUSING SITE ERROR   01/19/17

Some badly cached data is causing the current site error. The problem has been fixed, however if you're still experiencing the issue you may need to clear browser cache or wait for the file to expire. 
Vinny190

IBS...

11 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity anyone else suffer from IBS? Seriously it makes my life a living hell - every fucking day. Had it for over 20 years, probably linked to another issue, and tried most things but nothing has worked. Not great for bulking.

Like to hear from anyone in a similar situation or anyone with any ideas to cope with what is literally, a pain in the arse?

I have IBS...combined with a gluten/lactose/dairy intolerence, it makes eating and bulking hard.  

Have you found any relief? I've tried most things but with no luck I practically live on Imodium every day which I'm sure isn't particularly healthy.

tell ya what helped me, was probiotics. chnaged my life. have you tried those?

13 minutes ago, lifterwv said:

I have tested probiotics. It made my condition much worse. There are differences between how IBS expresses itself in individual cases. I don't doubt, that it works for some persons, but we can't expect it to be beneficial for everyone.

1 hour ago, Vinny190 said:

Have you found any relief? I've tried most things but with no luck I practically live on Imodium every day which I'm sure isn't particularly healthy.

I use 'Colese' medication for it.

1 hour ago, Vinny190 said:

Imodium is usually for short term use isn't it? Do you eat rice and blueberries daily? Carrot juice might be good, too.

For some, avoiding fried food might alleviate the troubles, but, as I wrote before, the individual variations has to be considered, and it doesn't work for everyone.

Edited by Hialmar
fried food

14 hours ago, lifterwv said:

Tried but with o improvement.

13 hours ago, AussieJock said:

I use 'Colese' medication for it.

Not heard of that. I'll take a look.

I figured out that I really can't handle sugar or sugar substitutes.  I can tolerate sugar in my coffee or tea, but candy or junk food will give me the runs within 30 minutes.  Also, it means I have to used unflavoured whey protein powder.  I got used to it, though.  Have you tried to cut out sugar?

I don't really eat much in the way of sugary foods but I'll look out for it.